Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Super Roundup

It was a given that the Round-Up would be renamed given that the Tornados' sponsorship has ended. Whirlpool Appliances should pick up sponsoring the ride.. that would fit the theme!

Will they ever bring back the covering on the spokes? I didn't really enjoy looking down at concrete and dead leaves the past few seasons.

I miss the cool swirl effect:

19910170%20copy.jpg

This has to be one of the most beautiful photos I have seen of our Super Round Up. It is from July 1974. Check out how many of the lightbulbs are missing - even the ones towards the center of the ride. You have to wonder if they were removed by guests or not installed yet. The ones that are there seem to be very randomly scattered about.

gallery_2_987_42756.jpg

The one lady on the right looks a tad sick ;)

I'm always surprised that rainbow/peacock design on the panels only lasted a short time. It looked so nice that way and fit with Gingerbread Fancy well.

In 1993, Time Warner put a huge effort into developing themed lands within Great Adventure and making sure that all the rides and attractions in those areas fit in with the intended themes. Even the carnival model Super Round Up was rechristened Fantasy Fling. Here is a series of photos of the transition,

gallery_2_987_104580.jpg

gallery_2_987_295334.jpg

gallery_2_987_287746.jpg

gallery_2_987_288023.jpg

gallery_2_987_988506.jpg

gallery_2_987_299776.jpg

gallery_2_987_890253.jpg

Remember riding Roundup so many times. One of my all-time favorite rides. Glad it's still there. Loved where it was originally located. So many fond memories from way back in the day.

Remember riding Roundup so many times. One of my all-time favorite rides. Glad it's still there. Loved where it was originally located. So many fond memories from way back in the day.

Same for me. I always made the Round-up me "Warm-up" ride and the first one I would get on each visit. Short lines and I thought it was fun. The Enterprise would also be a ride I hit every visit. Ah the 80's and 90's.

that's what I would look like.....lol

Maybe the little girl next to her already tossed her cookies and now she is going to toss hers.

Maybe the little girl next to her already tossed her cookies and now she is going to toss hers.

seeing someone else get sick almost always triggered me to get nauseous......yikes

Love to see how many people went on Roundup back in the day after having a big lunch/dinner at Gingerbread Fancy? Easy to get from one place to another.