• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags' In-Park Television Network

29years and GACoaster, I have a question.

During your Winter Tour of the park, you had pictures of framework for "Six Flags Media". I think your picture was in Movietown. I didn't get to go into Movietown on Opening Day, but were they still there? And what are they? Are they TVs, or billboards?

Six Flags TV Trivia:

In 1990s, which Six Flags TV are playing showing in the monitors on the lines at Six Flags Great Adventure?

and

In 1990s, which Six Flags TV were installed in other Six Flags theme parks besides Six Flags Great Adventure?

I know Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Astroworld, and Six Flags Magic Mountain had the same TVs and there's were still working when GADV's TVs had stopped working for many years. I can't remember if Six Flags St. Louis had them or not? There was alot of those old TVs at GADV, the parachutes, Big Wheel, Log Flume, Roaring Rapids, Runaway Mine Train, and Skyride stations had them. They didn't bother to install TVs for the newer rides like Skull Mt and Houdini since they stopped working by then. In the early 2000s one of the parachute's old TVs was on, but only showed static. In was the first time I saw any of them on in years, by then most of the TVs had been gutted and were just empty housings.

29years and GACoaster, I have a question.

During your Winter Tour of the park, you had pictures of framework for "Six Flags Media". I think your picture was in Movietown. I didn't get to go into Movietown on Opening Day, but were they still there? And what are they? Are they TVs, or billboards?

They are just basic frames for holding advertising posters. Nothing special or electronic.

Is everyone had example for Time Warner related music videos from 1990s & 1980s, Looney Tunes cartoons & other cartoons like Hanna Barbera, Cartoon Network and Tom and Jerry, Movie Promos (Warner Bros.), and Six Flags Promos from old Six Flags TV (1991-2008) for waiting in the rides for rides at Six Flags theme parks like: Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Astroworld, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Over Georgia, and Six Flags St. Louis to youtube.

Did everyone remember old Six Flags TV? Many TV monitors added everywhere at Six Flags Theme Parks in 1990s on Time Warner years.

Is intermissions, music videos, Looney Tunes shorts, promos and more on Six Flags TV on 1990s? Everyone?

Send Youtube links for couples of movie promos, Looney Tunes shorts, music videos and more for Six Flags TV in 1990s-2000s?

I got some pictures:

20033349%20copy.jpg

SFGA0574A%20ND%20copy.jpg

SFGA%20HBO%2050002%20MAY93%20copy.jpg

May%20SFGAdv%20106%20copy.jpg

19910059.jpg

19930076.jpg

20032905.jpg

20040976.jpg

19980053mod.jpg

20045131%20copy.jpg

19940002.jpg

1993-0047.jpg

19940267.jpg

19930130.jpg

B1993143%20copy.jpg

And what kind of TV monitors are types in Six Flags theme park in 1990s?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

You keep triple posting and quadruple posting, and I can't even understand what you're saying in your posts. It's like GACoaster said, if someone gets a video you want, they'll TELL you. You keep saying the same thing over and over again.

You keep triple posting and quadruple posting, and I can't even understand what you're saying in your posts. It's like GACoaster said, if someone gets a video you want, they'll TELL you. You keep saying the same thing over and over again.

Does everyone has Six Flags TV 1990s programming like music videos, Looney Tunes, movie promos, and others, please upload them to YouTube.

Also, we don't encourage anyone to upload copyrighted materials to Youtube.

It doesn't matter what you call it, it's a case of you don't post copyrighted materials without permission from the copyright holders. As a victim of copyright infringement I can tell you it sucks to have your pictures stolen.

I just wonder in the next year or the future...

Could Six Flags TV air 80s and 90s music videos, cartoons like Looney Tunes, Yogi Bear, Tom and Jerry, CN shorts, MGM, Huckleberry Hound, etc., trivias about Time Warner-themed movies, tv shows, music, and Six Flags theme parks, Six Flags promos, and many more.

What are you think for new Six Flags TV at Six Flags theme parks in the future?

It would be glad that maybe Six Flags TV will be TV channel for Direct TV, Cablevision, etc?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!

Six Flags TV was produced to added on lines at Six Flags theme parks in 1991 when Time Warner and Six Flags are team up for their theme parks.

TV monitors would play promos, music videos, cartoons, trivias and more.

Yeah, I know that. But your posts never make any sense structurally. We know you want the old Six Flags TV back. Currently the park does have SFTV but it is different from what you remember. The new version does play music videos, trivia, and features in park videos. The chances of the "old" SFTV coming back is slim to none. Six Flags partnership with Time Warner isn't like how it was in the 90s when Time Warner owned Six Flags.

I'm not trying to back seat mod, but Great Adventure History is about the history of Great Adventure. If they had anything on the old SFTV I'm sure the guys would have already had a spot light on it. Maybe if your posts were a bit more coherent more people could help?

I am starting to think Six Flags FUN is obsessed with the old Six Flags TVs. Back in the day most people really didn't pay any attention to them which is why GADV let their's fall into disrepair for years. They were not anything special, just plain TVs showing the same crap you could watch on TV back home.

Edited by The Master

I can understand nostalgia. It's the mission of this website. However, what was so unique about the old Six Flags TV? All it showcased was Looney Tunes (as well as other Time Warner owned) cartoons and commercials from the era. There was little original content. You can view all the copyrighted materials at CartoonNetwork.com and KidsWB.com legally. Most of the ads featured on Six Flags TV are already on YouTube most likely. What else if left?

We don't have a Six Flags TV Spotlight planned. We don't have any video of the content. The best we would be able to do is pull a piece together on the installation of the television sets across the park, although this is not on our schedule at this point.

I need to know about original Six Flags TV in the 1990s, did they used the video tapes on TV to air all TV screens on the lines for the ride for Six Flags theme parks when Time Warner takes over?

Edited by Six Flags FUN!