Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Day 23 - Restore the Carousel

For the our 23rd wish we would love for Six Flags to invest the proper time and funding to restore the Carousel to its former glory. This antique will soon be celebrating its 128th birthday and is in desperate need of some attention.

RestoreCarousel.jpg

Yes, this really needs to be done. I rode the carousel twice this season and couldn't belive the horrible condition it was in. Chipped and cracked paint on most if not all the horses and the paint was completely gone in some spots. It is a disgrace to have it in that condition.

Restoring the Carousel is a must. You always have to keep up with it, for it is usually the oldest ride in the park, and the most colorful. There's nothing more disappointing than seeing a piece-of-crap looking historic carousel (excluding carnival ones, those will always be crap).

This should be a priority for the park just for historic purposes. The carousel is a major part of amusement history that having our restored to its former glory would go a long way towards emphasizing some of the classic rides in the park.

I loved seeing the new paintjobs the animals on the carousel got. They really stood out, and though I didn't notice the tails were installed right away, it was also nice seein horses that didn't look like they were incomplete all the time. I can't wait to see what the next phase will bring when it eventually gets underway.