Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Saturday Night Lights-- Fireworks are back at Great Adventure!

Source: Six Flags

Six Flags Great Adventure Celebrates 35th Anniversary with Internationally-Acclaimed Fireworks Extravaganza

'Saturday Night Lights' fireworks show kicks off Independence Day

Beginning July 4, Six Flags Great Adventure will debut one of the most dynamic, astounding fireworks series in the company's history with “Saturday Night Lights” featuring the internationally award-winning production, “Rock Loves.”

“Forget your idea of a traditional fireworks show, this is like nothing you've experienced before,” said Mark Kane, president of Six Flags Great Adventure. “Saturday Night Lights will knock your socks off and undoubtedly be one of the most amazing fireworks series in the country. It will be the 'must see' event of 2009.”

“Rock Loves” took top honors in the world's most prestigious fireworks competition L' International des Feux Loto-Québec in 2008 beating out nine competing countries including Australia and China. Pyrotecnico, the masterminds behind “Rock Loves,” will bring the five-act production exclusively to Six Flags Great Adventure this summer. “Saturday Night Lights” featuring “Rock Loves” will combine pounding rock 'n roll energy with a dazzling fireworks spectacle guaranteed to bring guests to their feet. The production will run 10 consecutive Saturday nights at 10 pm beginning July 4 and culminate Sept. 5, Labor Day weekend, immediately following the nightly “Glow in the Park” parade.

With its classic, pulsating rhythms, “Saturday Night Lights” will feature decades of popular rock music with a special nod to New Jersey rock n' roll favorites. This innovative use of pyrotechnics will be set against the backdrop of the park's picturesque Great Lake. Guests of all ages will be amazed by Pyrotecnico's unique visualization of music as each note is brought to life through a carefully orchestrated series of pyro combustions and explosions.

Guests can experience all that Six Flags Great Adventure has to offer including 'Saturday Night Lights' all season long with a 2009 Season Pass. A Season Pass offers guests unlimited visits to the theme park and Wild Safari and pays for itself in less than two visits. When purchasing a Season Pass guests receive a coupon book featuring more than $300 in special offers including free concerts and 5 Bring-A-Friend-Free tickets for selected days. A Season Pass can be used at all

Six Flags Theme Parks throughout the country and is available for purchase online at Sixflags.com/greatadventure for only $89.99.

About Six Flags, Inc.

Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 20 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada, and soon will be expanding beyond North America with destinations in Dubai and Qatar. Since 1961, hundreds of millions of families have trusted Six Flags to combine friendly-clean-fast-safe service with affordable, value-packed thrills, record-shattering roller coasters and special events like the Summer Concert Series, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park. Six Flags' wide array of entertainment options reaches all demographics — families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike — featuring themed attractions based on skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, the ultimate daredevil Evel Knievel, movie franchises The Dark Knight and The Mummy; as well as world-renowned, kid-friendly brands including LOONEY TUNES, the Justice League of America,

The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine.

Six Flags continues to develop new avenues for growth, acquiring ownership and management of Dick Clark Productions, producer of such perennial television hits as the American Music Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, the Academy of Country Music Awards, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and So You Think You Can Dance. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE:SIX) headquartered in New York City.

About Pyrotecnico

Pyrotecnico is a premier fireworks display and special effects company with sales offices in New Orleans, LA, Atlanta, GA, Montgomery, AL, Tampa, FL, and Las Vegas, NV. It produces over 2,000 shows each year and has been designing fireworks shows, and searching the world for the latest in pyrotechnic innovations, for 118 years. Learn more at pyrotecnico.com.

WOW!!! Back to back announcements - first the Big Wheel and now Fireworks!!! Way to go GA! :clap:

This is shaping up to be a GREAT Season for the Park, and thing's like the last couple of announcement's are excactly what the Park needs. They have a video of the "Rock Loves" display on Pyrotechnico's Website. It is INCREDIBLE, like nothing NJ has ever seen. Check it Out!!!

Edited by Railer

I am glad they are celabrating the 35th anniversary some more. It would be nice if they could open up the Great Lake Grand Stand to sit back and relax while watching the fireworks show.

I am glad they are celabrating the 35th anniversary some more. It would be nice if they could open up the Great Lake Grand Stand to sit back and relax while watching the fireworks show.

I am sure the Great Lake Grandstands will be open for the Fireworks! :)

Here's a video of "Rock Loves":

After seeing the diffrent videos of the display, I wonder if they are going to have to make a bigger Dock, or use more than one? With all the lower level pyro, our Dock seems like it might not be big enough.

Any fireworks show will be awesome and they will make for some great evening endings especially alongside the Glow in the Dark Parade. Saturdays are going to be an even better experience with another fun nighttime experience. I fancy getting onto the skyride and checking out the fireworks as we pass by through the air over the park :)

I am sure the Great Lake Grandstands will be open for the Fireworks! :)

I'd be nice to have another show in there to, along with a new Showcase Show and a New Stunt Show and have the Carousel rehapped too. But I'm still syched about the show. It seems GADV has become Disney oriented entertainment recently. The old firework shows, where just shows with fireworks, this is a production! First we have a Glow in the Park Parade and now a new fireworks show. I'm so happy. I wish it could be nightly though instead of weekly. Atleaset it's happening more than once the season though.

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass

Well I think for now we'll have to be happy with the fireworks as a whole in terms of how we enjoy the Great Lakes Grandstand. I would have to think one day the lake will again see some sort of show, and the showcase at least during Fright Fest we can get inside and see something recently. This is a step in the right direction though even if it's only 1 day a week during the summer.

We caught the sneak preview of Saturday Night Lights tonight, and the show was A-MAZING!!!

It's 20 minutes of HUNDREDS of fireworks and REALLY IMPRESSIVE!!!

Everyone needs to make sure they get to see this show the summer!!!

Even though there completely two different things,what do you personally like more Glow in the Park Parade or Saturday Night Lights?

Glow in the Park, but the Fireworks are a close second and if the music was better it might edge out GITP.

GITP will always win out for the soundtrack.

Saturday Night Lights is absolutely incredible! From start to finish it is full of high intensity, rapid fire pyrotechnics that never gives up right until the finale! The number of shells surpasses any show I have ever seen including those at any of the Disney Parks. I think it probably has even more launches than even Disney's July 4th or New Years Eve extended fireworks shows.

With the Glow in the Park parade, the new lights on the Big Wheel, and soon the Saturday Night Lights fireworks show, we are in store for some incredible summer nights at Great Adventure this year!

We were there last night. It was an amazing show! The park chose well =)

We ran to the Park tonite (until they Closed due to the Storm) and I bumped into the Prez. Mr. Kane. I complimented him on a Great Show, and he was amazed by it just as much as we were. He had a very funny comment though. He said all day he was waiting for a call from the Park "neighbors" about the noise last night, and how it must of sounded like WWIII. He also said the issue of the Fog and Smoke during the Show will be resolved with warmer Temps.

The Park is doing another "Preview" of Saturday Night Light's on June 20th. at 10 P.M. Not bad for a Night that the park was originally Closed on the Calendar. I won't miss this, that was one Amazing Show.

Hello,

So far this Park Season, I have never seen the fireworks. Is it really worth it? Or should I just use it as an excuse to go on a coaster with a sort line?

Literally hit with fireworks debree in my face. I was so amazed at the fact that the fireworks were actually shooting over top of you. The show is simply amazing and I have yet to actually sit in the Grandstand to watch them but soon I will.

We caught the Fireworks on Sat. and even after seeing them a couple of times now they are still incredible. Sitting in the Grandstand on one of the "lower" Row's was amazing. They almost have a 3-D look to them. By the size of the Crowd, and they huge applause they recieved, ther park has a MAJOR hit with this Show.