Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Twister

Nice spotlight as usual, I have never been on this type of ride. I wonder why they gave Twister a theme that does not match anything in that section of the park?

Nice little Spotlight. The funny thing about this ride for me is, it is the only ride in the Park I have never been on, ever (besides the upcharges). Not that I am scared or anything, I just never have got on it for one reason or another. Now I kind of like having it as the only ride in the Park I haven't ridden, it makes it kind of my "White Whale". I have been saving it for special occasion, maybe opening day on the 35th. year of the park, that's kind of special, and I don't think it will make it to the 40th. anniversary of the park.

QUOTE (29yrswithaGApass @ Mar 15 2009, 08:50 PM) It's interesting to note that the inspectors must have made them change the exit way from stairs to a handicap-friendly ramp prior to opening.

19990311.jpg

19990021.jpg

now that i did not notice..

very nice observation.

This is one ride I will never try. It is cool to watch but I don't like rides that either hold you upside down or continually flip you upside down (I can handle an Enterprise barely).

I haven't ridden this ride since either 1999 or 2000. Maybe I'll give it a spin this season

Great spotlight as usual! I'm not good with spinning rides, upside down flips I'm OK with. Needless to say, this is one of the few War on Lines flats I actually got on.

Dorney's has water jets but I don't think they spray people. Never rode there's either. Twister is one of the few War on Lines rides left so hopefully it won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

The jets sprayed people for a short time at Dorney. They stopped it because there was a problem with it, something about the ride parts not supposed to be getting wet because that model wasn't designed to have water.

Yeah I go on it if theres not a long line or if the lines for coasters are too long me and my friends will go on,but otherwise I won't go on cause it hurts toooooo much and is really unconfortable on some areas :pinch:

I thought I'd be the bearer of good news! Twister finally has a new program! And it's running very well. It's not a long cycle, but it starts out with 7 flips in a row =)

Harry i totsly agree with you on this! great adventure missed big time one this ride, the lack of theme in general and with its duration. if six flags was smart they would better theme this ride, even ad just some water effects to mist you in the summer would be cool.