• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

A Great Adventure History Book

Definetly going to buy it. Been hoping for awhile for something like this.Great Adventure has always been my favorite park since the first time I went in 89.Hoping to move close to the park in the future to be a season pass user and Gasm is my favorite coaster I ever rode.Its all good. :Z21::carouselhorse:

sweet! just pre-ordered my copy..... :cheer:

all i ask for is an honorable mention in your next book...hehehe....

Edited by michelle

:clap::clap::clap:300th Post!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Can't wait for the book to come out. I hope they sell it in the New York area.

We thanked all of our site members for their contributions. Everyone helps put the puzzle together! :D

I was pushing for you guy's to use my Super Sidewinder Pic. Oh, well... maybe in the next one. I just can't wait to see the Pic. of The Super Cat!!!

I was pushing for you guy's to use my Super Sidewinder Pic. Oh, well... maybe in the next one. I just can't wait to see the Pic. of The Super Cat!!!

With tens of thousands of pictures, getting it down to about 225 was one of the hardest parts of writing the book! We had so much we wanted to include but a limited number of pages to do it. Although we weren't able to use your great shot of the Super Sidewinder, the ride did make the cut. It is in a photo that also includes the "Lil Thunder" roller coaster.

In honor of the park's 35th anniversary and the forthcoming release of

Images of America: Six Flags Great Adventure

we present a preview of 3 of the more than 200 images from the book:

IOAGA01.jpg

Warner Le Roy studies the map of the Safari as construction begins.

IOAGA02.jpg

The Enchanted Forest's original Front Gate structure in 1974.

IOAGA03.jpg

An artists rendering of Rolling Thunder prior to construction in 1979.

Can not wait to get this book!!!!!

By the way -

Anyone know where this picture is?

Where in GA?

I've always liked seeing old park pictures. By the way, does anyone know where in Great Adventure this is?

Let's stick to the topic of the book, shall we?

Does anyone remember this park entrance from 1974 and 1975?

For some reason I recall vividly lining up on my very first and going through it in 1974, keeping to the left, and then heading down the incline and wrappinig around past the Bandstand on the Lake to hit the Log Flume first.

For years later, before I was really into the park and could figure some things out, I always wondered how we managed to get through the gate and get to the Log Flume so quickly. At the point, I hadn't realized they relocated the entrance!

IOAGA02.jpg

I was confused for several years. I remember the first time going to the park entering down by the fort and tents. I thought maybe we had entered through the employee entrance or something, like my dad snuck us in because he knew someone. It was many years before I found out the entrance had been moved.

Is there an exact date on the Release of the Book? Sorry if it has already been told, I'm at Work and don't have long to dig around looking for it.

They keep telling us August 31st, but I've seen August 26th listed as well. In this case the book won't have a "strict on-sale date", so it can be released as soon as it is received by the bookstore/website/etc. It will all depend on how fast the books are printed and shipped.

I wonder why Six Flags themselves haven't taken advantage of the fact they have books for this park and SFOG yet.

Anyways, I'll get the book once/if it's in stores.

The park placed an order for a large number of books. They will be selling it in all the larger stores throughout the park. They were anxious for us to get it out this season and we were able to do that!

Looking forward to this! Barnes and Noble know's I'm coming for it too, I think I scared them last week when I mistakenly thought the book was already out.