GAcoaster

Winter Lights

Only 138 days till Christmas... never too early for Holiday cheer! :santa:

These glasses are from Winter Lights and were used to turn all the bubs into miniature snowflakes.

gallery_2_536_237886.jpg

gallery_2_536_130547.jpg

gallery_2_536_1554164.jpg

I spotted this promo video from Midwest Displays, the makers of Winter Lights.

Looks like some of this was filmed in Santa's Village at the PNC Bank arts center.

worlds largest xmas tree,lol, and yes they still have some great adventure sweatshirts and great america sweatshirts at englishtown flea market, i saw them a few weeks ago when i was there, on the pave strip in front of the buildings, they had blue, gray ones in sizes up to 2x...

With the growing popularity of LED lights and how energy efficient they are, it could be feasible to hold an event like this again and not have as much cost to operate it. Plus I think some of the new LEDs look pretty cool, finally got some on my house this year!

I'd love to see a Winter Lights come back again, even if it wasn't as extensive. Maybe just the lights in the walkthough area would be fine...

I picked up two Hallmark ornaments from this year's collection that reminded me of Great Adventure.

The first is an ornament with lights and sound called Holiday Park. It made me think of Winter Lights:

gallery_2_35_65908.jpg

The other is a rather simple ornament called Promise of Peace. It reminds me of one of Great Adventure's vintage Christmas cards:

gallery_2_35_9518.jpg

Here is the Christmas Card:

1970s%20Christmas%20Card%20Front_small.j

Through the generosity of one of our members I am so happy to add this great item to our Great Adventure collection - a Winter Lilghts roadside sign. These signs dotted the roadways around the Jackson Outlets area and along Route 537 when the park held the Winter Lights event. The sign measures 12" x 24" and is printed on both sides. I love it!

gallery_2_35_509691.jpg

Even though it was a thing quite some time ago, people still seem to remember it. My aunt asked me yesterday why don't they do this anymore and that they should.