Massive traffic backup leaving Great Adventure

I went to GA yesterday to audition for Fright Fest at 5:00. Nice people, had a good time.

Afterwards, I leave the employee lot and discover a massive line of cars waiting to get out thru

the employee exit, so, already having a parking ticket, I go the other way out the guest lot, and

discover the same line of traffic. It took 25 minutes to get from the GA gas station to Monmouth Road, then it took 90 minutes to get up Mommouth Road to the entrance of 195 where WAWA is. 2 Hours to go all but 2 miles!!!!!!!!!!

Upon getting there, we discover that the ramp to 195 eastbound is closed, along with 195 eastbound from Mommouth Road to points unknown. All the traffic coming east on 195 from the Turnpike was being exited off at the Great Adventure exit,

then being routed onto Mommouth Road toward Prospertown, which had it's own traffic backup due to construction down that way.

Once we got on to Westbound 195 there was no traffic, but the backup heading east extended for about 6 miles. Those poor people 7 miles down, driving normal, completely oblivious that another mile the were going to be stopped for hours on 195, only to be routed onto another jam.

Does anyone know why 195 eastbound was closed yesterday between 5 and 7pm? That was one of the worst traffic nightmares I have ever encountered! (still tame compared to the I-4 in Orlando)

Just found out from a contact at the park that it was a 7 car pile up, maybe 4 fatalities. Sad to hear that. We knew it must have been something very serious, since in 35 years none of us ever saw traffic that bad in the Great Adventure area.

There were flash flood puddles everywhere yesterday afternoon, cars hydroplaning. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause of this tragedy on the 195. My respects to the families.