• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Unknown ride discovered during our research

One of the biggest surprise discoveries we had while compiling information for the book was a little detail in the Kiddie Kingdom aerial photo at the top of page 88.

Although it is very hard to see in that image, in the middle of the photo along the top edge is a children's ride that I never knew existed at the park. It is a rocket ship to the moon ride similar to the Astro-Liner at Dutch Wonderland pictured below.

The Kiddie Kingdom photo was taken in 1979 and I know the ride was not there in the 1980 season. Anyone know when it was added to the park or remember the ride at GA?

IMG_2930.jpg

wow, i don't remember this ride at all....but i remember riding it a bunch of times at dutch wonderland! who knew great adventure had it as well!

Dutch Wonderlands got their Astro-liner in 1978. Theres is not considered a kids ride. Did Great Adventure have a smaller verson, or did they just put it in the kids section not being a kids ride? Is it not on any map?

Edited by Chiller

I think it's just a sand lot your eyes are playing tricks on unless thered deffinite proof it existed-though I do faintly remember ssomebody aying something about a space ship at GADV-I though they were talking about Alcatraz or The Space Shuttle, but they were deffintely old enough to go to the park at the time the photo was taken? Maybe it was never opened? All I know is were on the watchout for a spaceship :Alien4::Alien4::Alien4:

I think it's just a sand lot your eyes are playing tricks on unless thered deffinite proof it existed-though I do faintly remember ssomebody aying something about a space ship at GADV-I though they were talking about Alcatraz or The Space Shuttle, but they were deffintely old enough to go to the park at the time the photo was taken?

Wow! That is one hell of a sentence.... It is extra long and there are words in there that I can only guess what they are suppose to be. Please remember to use your spell checker.

As far as the Moon Rocket ride, we have a higher dpi color scan of the original and can assure you it was in the park.

Hey Harry, can you post the color version of the pic so we can get a better look at it, black and white one is difficult to see.