29yrswithaGApass

The GAH Time Machine Game

Nice job folks!!! You guys are good at this. How are the questions, too easy, too hard, just right?

I think they are perfect, but if you think they are to easy I believe we are up to the challenge!

OK great, but there may be an occasional tricky one! ;)

GAHTM #4: When was this photo taken?

A. May 2000

B. August 2000

C. May 2001

D. August 2001

gallery_2_43_577413.jpg

^ Eric scores another win!

ANSWER: The correct answer is "D. August 2001". The multicolored strips of light were part of the Slingshot ride which was located for just one year, 2001, in front of the simulator theater. The ride did not open until the summer time which eliminates May 2001.

I remember seeing those when I was younger. Are they both in the scrapyard now? Because I think I remember seeing simular parts from Nitro... just an idea.

No, they have been relocated. I believe (IIRC) that the Turbo Force was just leased for the one season, but the Slingshot I believe is now at SFNE.

ANSWER: The picture was taken in C. August 1989!

The determining factor is the gray Sports Appeal shop towards the right side of the photo. That shop was added in 1988 which knocks out answers A & B. In 2007 the shop was doubled in size (an exact duplicate of the building was built next to it) and it became the new Flash Pass distribution center - knocking out answer D. Therefore, only answer C. August 1989 is possible.

ANSWER: The correct answer is B. July 1992. The Looney Tunes Gifts and Collectibles shop just beyond the entrance operated only in 1992 and 1993 before it was turned into Main Street Market in 1994. Prior to 1992 it was called the Emporium.