29yrswithaGApass

GA's Mystery Boneyard Railroad Trains

On the ITAL Intl used ride site, there are two CP Huntington Engines and six coaches up for sale. The interesting thing is the photos of the engines were taken in GA's boneyard (you can see the arms of the Joust a Bout next to the engines). In some of Flyin' Phil's early aerials these were visible, but in more recent photos the pieces have been removed.

These are NOT the trains that operated as the park's Great Train ride from 1974 to 1980. Can anyone confirm where these CP Huntington's came from and/or where they were removed to?

gallery_2_65_1171.jpg

gallery_2_65_14972.jpg

gallery_2_65_39038.jpg

Maybe it could be the engine of the Bugs Bunny Railway. Like the red being from the 80s and 90s and the black being from the 2000s?

Nope, different scale and style.

I had heard that at one point there was a plan to bring a railroad back to the park but I have no idea where.

Supposedly they came from one/some of the other Premier/Six Flags properties like all the stuff that went to Old Indiana and was never reassembled.

About 10 years ago someone sent me the two photos below that were reportedly of a train that GA acquired and was going to install for Winter Lights. I am not sure if these were taken on site or not, but it is a different engine than those pictured outdoors.

gallery_2_43_21610.jpg

gallery_2_43_203732.jpg

well i was looking at pics that flyin phill has of the boneyard from april 09 and i didnt see them in there so they had to have come and gone durring the season.

It would have been nice to see then reinstall the train at the park. Around the Flume island perhaps.

It has been about five years, but mystery solved. The CP Huntington trains once found in storage at Great Adventure came from the defunct Boblo Island in Ontario.

• Like 1