GAcoaster

Day 13- A New Film for the Simulator Theater

Our wish for day 13- A new film for the motion theater.

gallery_2_238_217811.jpg

There are so many great films available for simulator theaters...ANYTHING would be better than Fly Me To The Moon!

They really need to get rid of Fly Me To The Moon, it is easily the worst simulator film I have seen in any park.

If they had a good film, I'd probably ride more than once or twice a season.

it would be cool if every month of the operating season they would change it to something new, it would be good for everyone, it would be like getting a new ride every month without the cost

it would be cool if every month of the operating season they would change it to something new, it would be good for everyone, it would be like getting a new ride every month without the cost

yeah they have to pay rights on the films

I hate to say it, but FMTTM sill has at least another two years if you go by the history of the park. Both Spongebob and Escape From Dino Island ran for four years.

I hate to say it, but FMTTM sill has at least another two years if you go by the history of the park. Both Spongebob and Escape From Dino Island ran for four years.

Those rides were actual attractions though, FMTTM was just an attraction with movie tie in, so basically the park got money for "advertising" it(atleast that's what I heard). Hopefully a REAL movie will come back, maybe RIGHT STUFF!

It is scary to think that Six Flags Great America just leveled their simulator theater "Space Shuttle America". It was added the same year as Great Adventure's but the building was not as large as GA's. However, it did include a full size replica of the space shuttle orbitor out front.

That park is pressed for space compared to GA. Sounds like they are making room for Chang. :hmm:

IMG_3161.jpg

I hope the replacement film is better than FMTTM, it was a trailer for crying out loud.

Edited by The Master

I LOVE that ride. When I went on at Busch Gardens, I waited for 2 hours for that ride, but it was well done. Unfortunaly, it wouldn't fit now would it...

I LOVE that ride. When I went on at Busch Gardens, I waited for 2 hours for that ride, but it was well done. Unfortunaly, it wouldn't fit now would it...

Well, they could always expand the theater to accommodate a ride of that size. I doubt that would happen though because of Six Flags's deal with 5D Attractions or whatever. It is rumored that one of those will be what replaces the theater in 2011.

I don't want the sim theater taken out.

ok obviously in 2010 the simulator theatre will no longer be a simulator theatre, but I was thinking, Busch always produces their own simulator movies themselves, what if SIx Flags did that? What if they made a simulator ride themed to Mr.Six driving an out of control bus to Six FLags or something like that?

I would have been a good idea if they hadn't eliminated so many of the simulator theaters in the company already. They're an attraction whose time has come and gone. Better to replace the theater with something new.

I'll miss the theater and it's too bad my last memory of it will be FMTTM, but I suppose this is simply a sign of the times I suppose!