Sign in to follow this  
GAcoaster

Day 15- Refurbish Congo Rapids

When Roaring Rapids was built, it was one of the very first rapids style rides in the world. Over the years, technology improved and innovations were made in the ride, but Roaring Rapids hasn't caught up and time has taken its toll on the infrastructure.

I'd like to see not only the waterfalls getting fixed, but some additional scenery added like geysers and other features found on newer rapids rides. For the ride's second season geysers and a tunnel were supposed to have been added but never were...maybe it's time to add those. Putting geysers into the two wave areas (which no longer make waves) would add some new excitement.

This would be great. What is the point of a water ride you don't get wet on. I think that a interactive water structure should be added on the island. Something like Skull Island at Great America and then put cannons on the outskirts so people can spray the riders. Also turn the waterfalls back on.

This is probably the most neglected ride in the entire park, its only recived upgrades required by the state tokeep the ride in operation, from what i understand there is a reason for the falls not being turned on, something to do with saftey, even know they built the guide walls inside the triugh they arent allowed to turn them on still, I remeber the good old days when the rafts would go under the falls and you would be soaked for hours, ...... those were the good ole days!

I'm kind of glad you don't get too soaked on the ride. I made the mistake of wearing jean shorts and a t-shirt on Thunder Canyon at Dorney, my clothes were still soaked 6 hours later. It's no fun unless you are wearing a bathing suit. At least with Congo Rapids, you usually just get a little water on you so it isn't uncomfortable to walk around the park after that.

If rumors are correct, I think you all will forget about Congo and hit up the new water ride towards the front of the park.

that would be good to have a water ride at the front instead of one on each side of the park

If rumors are correct, I think you all will forget about Congo and hit up the new water ride towards the front of the park.

I have heard nothing about a possible new water ride :huh:

Edited by Mike13