• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

GreatAdventureHistory Spotlight - 1974 Season Park Tour

I just wanted to thank you guys for putting this up here. Before I was a member here, I stumbled accross this in my quest for answers to questions on a ride (it slips my mind now which one it was). Once I found this unique look at the park's opening year and attractions, I think I spent a good few hours later that night just exploring exactly what GA's roots were all about. This is an amazing project you guys put together, and I give you all the credit in the world for doing it. Thanks so much for everything you guys do for this site and us fellow GA lovers.

Thanks Chris! We are happy to hear you are finding our site informative and entertaining! We will be sharing some additional "special" features real soon which we hope everyone will enjoy!

This is what it's all about for me. This is also what first brought me here as a guest when this site first came together. And i'm kind of rediscovering it again now, looking for my own old pics. I grew up in this park, i was here as a 4yr. old in July of 74, and just about every year since. Now I bring my 3 & 6yr. old's here all the time and I get to re-live alot of my childhood again. Alot has changed since those days in the world and the park, But when you walk through those gates, you do go, someplace else. And that will never change. Thank's for compileing all the stuff you guy's must have and sharing it with everyone, it should not be lost or forgotten. I hope the few things I have from that time help fill in a blank or two. Rich

That is simply put amazing. Can you imagine what people would have been thinking back in 1974 had they been asked to imagine what the park would have become by now. Hopefully what we have today would make them all proud to have begun the process :)

Fantastic! Great job! Makes the original park come alive again, truly amazing! Boy, I miss those trees, it really was an Enchanted Forest back then. Bravo!

I was 14 yrs old! so many memories long forgotten. this is amazing and warms a part of my heart to see everything the way it was. It really was a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing! and Jay, thanks for directing me to this site! I will come back again and again...

Thank you! We're glad to have you and all of our other 599 members here!

Just wait, there's a LOT more in store... :D

This site is getting better and better as time goes by! I had never seen the press kit and didn't realise I was mentioned so that is good to know. Keep any new photos you can of the animals especilly the elephants and rhinos.

Sign in to follow this