29yrswithaGApass

Simulator Theater Under Funstruction

Well, it has been mentioned on the Six Flags Facebook page and was also mentioned on Screamscape, so maybe it is time for us to speculate here too! Fly Me to the Moon will not be part of the 2010 lineup this season, in fact the simulator theater will be dark as some sort of "construction" takes place. Rumors abound about "5-D" attractions and a Magiquest installation.

I think it is safe to say we won't see a third indoor roller coaster, but what about some sort of dark ride or indoor thrill ride? Anyone want to take a guess what we may see in 2011?

gallery_2_236_208938.jpg

hmmmm.... lets see , houdini is closed and fly me is closrd, could Dare devil dive be in the mix as closed to for some sort of coaster install? Maybe were going to see fly me as a station house and were going to see some sort of semi dark ride? maybe one of those small launching coasters? Maybe a return of a modified Chiller half???

Oh and it has been removed from the rides page, it was there over the winter but has since been removed!

NO!!! They could have simply put in the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera. Those 5D rides look sucky. Then again, Six Flags Over Texas is getting Robots of Mars in their theater. Maybe that will be in the theater.

If this is the end of the simulator theater, let me take the time to say...

The Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

1994-2009

1994294.jpg

Edited by MarioSonic94

:) That's a good joke! (If that's a joke... lol)

I heard that Fantasy Fling won't be returning. If it isn't, maybe they're going to install an indor Rotor with a Space Theme. Or maybe they'll relocate twist from across the road and put it in there, and have some space left for a smoking area near the side entrence of the Golden Kingdom.... hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by ThemeParkRider

I like the sim theater! I hope they are not going to remove it.

As much as I want to see a dark ride in the park, I like motion simulators too and hope they keep the building for that and built a dark ride elsewhere in the park.

If you take a glance into the gueue room window of the simulator building you may be surprised. Inside, all the queue bars have been removed and the area is full of the old equipment from the simulator ride including the preshow televisions, the motion base motors, and multiple computer racks that once controlled the ride. It seems obvious the theater is being gutted.

gallery_2_503_313342.jpg

Ya know I thought I saw one of the bases in the bone yard the other day. You can see it from 537, the yellow and black saftey tape is very visable without the leaves on the trees yet.

If you take a glance into the gueue room window of the simulator building you may be surprised. Inside, all the queue bars have been removed and the area is full of the old equipment from the simulator ride including the preshow televisions, the motion base motors, and multiple computer racks that once controlled the ride. It seems obvious the theater is being gutted.

There goes another air conditioned respite in the Great Adventure concrete jungle. Why wouldn't they just return "Dino Island II" until they could add something better?

Edited by Thunderbolt

^ They are in the process of adding something better as we speak (even though it won't open until 2011). This is much more than just putting a new film in the projector - it will be a brand new family attraction!

^ They are in the process of adding something better as we speak (even though it won't open until 2011). This is much more than just putting a new film in the projector - it will be a brand new family attraction!

Whatever it is I hope they fix the theater's leaky roof.

Anything but Fly me to the moon! That was horrible. It's good to see they are getting a huge early jump for next year. Very good chance now whatever it is it should be ready for opening day 2011.

I'll see if I can sneak one for you guys later! Sounds like it'll be good. :)

The Right Stuff Mach 1 Adventure

1994-2009

Time to move on...

29years was right, the quenue area was gutted yesterday, but now theres nothing in there. Also, did you notice the old season pass processing center area was closed off by a construction wall? Why would they need it? My guess, they're EXPANDIN THE BUILDING. PLEASE LET THIS %D ATTRACTION BE CURSE OF DARKASTLE TYPE! We all know it will not only be popular, unique and boost attendance, but alsogive us a nesw family attraction that can only be found at 3 other places IN THE WORLD!

I posted a picture of the simulator theater gutted out for those who hadn't seen it.

gallery_760_504_22793.jpg

Edited by ThemeParkRider