• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

20+ Years of Season Pass Coupon Booklets

This year marks the 20th year that Great Adventure has been giving out coupon booklets to guests that buy a Season Pass. Below is the complete collection of coupon booklets since 1991. In 2003, the park issued a "coupon calendar" instead of a booklet. Enjoy!

gallery_2_43_681290.jpg

gallery_2_43_144563.jpg

gallery_2_43_142248.jpg

gallery_2_43_347485.jpg

gallery_2_43_1139791.jpg

gallery_2_43_616014.jpg

gallery_2_43_494097.jpg

gallery_2_43_1316061.jpg

gallery_2_43_385684.jpg

gallery_2_43_84725.jpg

gallery_2_43_82558.jpg

gallery_2_43_1066722.jpg

gallery_2_43_2269851.jpg

gallery_2_43_1546389.jpg

gallery_2_43_382156.jpg

gallery_2_43_1315167.jpg

gallery_2_43_1721089.jpg

gallery_2_43_411697.jpg

gallery_2_43_1357490.jpg

gallery_2_43_170216.jpg

I think Passholders must have disliked the idea of a coupon calendar instead of the booklet. Below is a survey the park had at the end of 2003 asking which they preferred. In 2004 they went back to the booklet format.

gallery_2_43_2289.jpg

^ Tell me about it! Realizing that almost all of the current park employees weren't even born back when I worked at the park (20 years ago) is scary...

I know this is off-topic; but the idea of 1990 being 20 years ago bothers me.

Bothers me too. It sucks to grow old.

The list of the free/discounted season pass tickets is up on the website now: http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/seasonpassvaluebook.aspx

Don't forget that this season there will be no physical passholder books so if you want to get the coupons or free tickets you'll have to register your email when you process the pass. For those who already processed passes, you may have to get replacement passes in the spring because of the new turnstile system (assuming it's still happening). There was some confusion at the end of last season as to whether the pass cards issued would still work or not.

Don't forget that this season there will be no physical passholder books so if you want to get the coupons or free tickets you'll have to register your email when you process the pass.

They said last year that the coupon booklets would no longer be distributed and yet their site says:

You will need to pick up your 2012 Value Book on your first visit in the spring, while supplies last. Only one free ticket may be used per Pass Holder per day. Pass Holder and free friend must be present together. In-park discounts and free friend tickets valid only at Six Flags Great Adventure.

The list of the free/discounted season pass tickets is up on the website now: http://www.sixflags....svaluebook.aspx

Don't forget that this season there will be no physical passholder books so if you want to get the coupons or free tickets you'll have to register your email when you process the pass. For those who already processed passes, you may have to get replacement passes in the spring because of the new turnstile system (assuming it's still happening). There was some confusion at the end of last season as to whether the pass cards issued would still work or not.

They said last year that the coupon booklets would no longer be distributed and yet their site says:

Yeah. They ran into some problems with the online distribution so it won't be up in time for 2012. I believe the same can be said about the new turnstiles as well.

I still find it funny, that Six Flags is potentially spending millions, to secure a gate they virtually give away for free. Ticket Fraud is probably low, and might even be made back through in-park spending. Had the parks commanded premium pricing, it would make more sense.

Great Adventure's gate problem has more to do with lack of staff and organization. Even when Universal Orlando was having efficiency issues with their new ticket system, we circulated through the gate faster than at Great Adventure in 2008.

Edited by Thunderbolt