29yrswithaGApass

Halloween Events - UPDATED!

The new halloween spotlight is awsome, its really cool to see how far the park has come with the event since halloweekends!

I was rummaging through some old Halloween related CDs of mine and ran across Van Helsing's Curse. I bought this CD at Great Adventure back in 2003 when the park had the Van Helsing's Curse Fireworks Spectacular. Prior to Saturday Night Lights, this was probably they most powerful fireworks show at the park. I remember thinking, 'wow, this is kind of a dark theme', but it worked and the audiences really liked it. Click HERE to hear some samples of the music on Amazon. The intorduction (Patience) and the first song (Tubular Hell) sort of set the tone of the show.

51KKR6058PL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

20034116.jpg

20034117.jpg

I have a question. Does anyone know the name of ther song they play in the "Bone Butcher" area? It's a song with loud drums and an orchestra sound. If anyone knows that would be helpful, because I'm assembling another video for this year's fright fest and I considered using that song.

The proffesor Slithers show is probably the best show the park has next to DMP, i think this year the dancers are singing because the tracks from last year were the actually artists, but this year it sounds like the dancers are the ones singing.

Anyone remember this guy? I rediscovered the negatives to all my Great Adventure photos from days of film and realized there are a bunch that I never scanned!

gallery_2_579_49283.jpg

I remember Pumpkin Head at GADV, the Creature From The Black Lagoon also used to show up during FF. The park used to decorate so much better back in the 90s than they do now.

Does anyone recall the high-energy show Dr. Frights Final Freakout from around 1999 which was performed on a stage over the fountain during Fright Fest? The show was performed after the fireworks at closing time. We recently were able to transfer a recording of the show that we will post soon. Fans of Dead Man's Party will be surprised to learn what they are missing today.

• Like 1

I remember it and miss it. It was nice having a finale for FF.

One of the newest features of our site is a gallery dedicated to past and present cast members whose job it was to scare guests. We welcome you to add your photos to our Gallery of Ghouls. Click below to view this scary album and then simply click upload to add your photos. Is there anyone you recognize? Feel free to add comments to the photos.

GhoulsGallery.png

Fright Fest Flashback! How many people remember this long time staple in Great Adventure's Fright Fest entertainment lineup? Click below to watch a video of the show from 1996.

FFExecutioner.png

gallery_2_35_71927.jpg

• Like 2

Our Fright Fest Flashback continues with the spooky scary Legend of the Lost Diver show! Be sure to listen for the "well wishes" the host of the show gives the diver before he does the high jump at the end! Click below for the show:

FFLostDiverTitleHP.png

gallery_2_35_459.jpg

Another Fright Fest Flashback! This time it's 2003 and Van Helsing's Curse - an original Fright Fest Fireworks production. Here is a promo video for the show:

FFVHCurse.png

gallery_2_35_66721.jpg

Flashing back to another time of fright long before Ghoulmaster's Ghosts.... this time 1995. Enjoy Night Creatures starring The Cryptkeeper from HBO's Tales from the Crypt which was performed in the Showcase Theatre. Click below to watch the show!

FFNightCreatures.png

gallery_2_35_58765.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a video of 1996's Hayride to the Unknown - The Nightmare. The footage was shot in the daylight which makes the scenery a little easier to see but cuts down on the scare factor. Click below to view the hayride video:

FFHayride.png

gallery_2_35_4799.jpg

Click below to check out the new photo collection from Hayride to the Unknown - The Nightmare that was just added.

FFHayride.png

Here are some samples:

1996HayrideRoute.jpg

scan0037-2%20copy.jpg

scan0039-1%20copy.jpg

scan0045%20copy.jpg

scan0048%20copy.jpg

Traveling back in time once again, this time to 1993 when the Special FX Show was part of the Fright Fest entertainment lineup. Click below to view the video of the show which was performed in the Bugs Bunny Theater.

FFSpecialFX.png

gallery_2_35_37041.jpg