• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Halloween Events - UPDATED!

Our GreatAdventureHistory.com Fright Fest-ival continues with another feature - Fright Fest Radio Ads. Click on the placards below to hear the radio commercials.

RadioAds.png

gallery_2_35_464976.png

gallery_2_35_57527.png

gallery_2_35_356008.png

Next up in our Fright Fest Flashbacks is the very first version from 1999 of Dead Man's Party. Click below to view the video, but give it a chance to upload. The file is large because the video is the entire uncut show!

FF1999DMP.png

gallery_2_35_58802.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a video of 1996's Hayride to the Unknown - The Nightmare. The footage was shot in the daylight which makes the scenery a little easier to see but cuts down on the scare factor. Click below to view the hayride video:

This was the last year I went to a Fright Fest :-)

Flashing back to 2006 our next spooktacular video is the Professor Slither's Creepy Critters show presented in Looney Tunes Seaport. Click below to watch the show:

FFProfSlithers.png

gallery_2_35_60773.png

Our next creature feature is the 1998 verions of Bad Bob The Bone Butcher when it was presented at its original location next to the Viper roller coaster. Click below to enjoy the show.

FFBBBB.png

gallery_2_35_36185.jpg

Through the years Great Adventure has decorated the park with oversized pumpkin characters. Below are some samples. Click below to view a gallery of many of them.

FFPumpkinPeople.png

gallery_2_1010_1369160.jpg

gallery_2_1010_1136714.jpg

gallery_2_1010_1364824.jpg

gallery_2_1010_1414371.jpg

During the mid to late '90s the sailboat next to the Great Lake Grandstands became haunted for Fright Fest. Some seasons saw the addition of skeletons while others featured the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Click below to view a clip of this impressive Halloween prop.

FFGhostBoat.png

gallery_2_35_82830.jpg

Last night we did the Total Darkness indoor trail, having only been through it on opening day of FF this year. I was the lead on the rope. The light on our rope was super dim and we weren't ten feet inside the door when it totally went out. It is REALLY dark in there without ANY light. I was able to make it through by feeling along the wall and only went the wrong way (to a dead end) once. It really was TOTAL darkness.

Today I received the pinback below. It is the first piece of memorabilia in my entire collection that references Halloweekends from the 1970s. It is strange that even the press materials from those years rarely mentioned the event. My only recollection of it was hearing a radio ad for Halloweekends while checking out of a grocery store with my mom back way in the late '70s.

gallery_2_35_212043.jpg

The first portion of our new Halloween Events salute has been updated. Click below to view our tribute to Halloweekends which ran from 1989 to 1991- the precursor to Fright Fest!

HalloweekendsTitle.png

The park used to decorate so much better years ago. Forgot how clean their old hearses used to be, one is badly rusted out now.

The first 17 seasons of Fright Fest have been updated - 1992 to 2008! We will have the 2009 to 2016 in a couple days and wrap-up our 25 Seasons of Fright Fest update. Click below to check them out:

FFTitle.png

This spotlight took forever to update given the huge volume of photos we had of the event. Even though it was a ton of work we felt we had to celebrate its 25th Anniversary!

I wonder what happened to all those great decorations and props the park used to have? GADV used to really go way out more in past years than in recent ones.

Edited by The Master

There was only one thing in all those Fright Fest photos that I don't recall seeing. I am a big fan of Christmas lights so I think I would have remembered this!

090505%20001%20copy.jpg

So, I recently visited the Great Adventure History Home Page and I saw all the updated stuff (which is amazing by the way, good job :D ) and i saw this photo on the bottom left, underneath the "History Timeline" link, with the cast of the Dead Man's Party's show. Now as a big fan of this show, I recognized it immediately, but it got me wondering.... which year was that photo taken? I wish to know :D 

SFGA%20FFEST%2050009%20OCT90.jpg

P.S. If no one knows or is not allowed to say anything, I completely understand ^-^ 

Thanks much! 

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass
Inserted photo.