• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

GA Souvenir Pennies

Only because I think I don't collect enough stuff already :rolleyes:, I decided to round up the smashed souvenir pennies that can be found throughout the park. I always passed by the machines and never gave them a second thought. Then I spotted the Viper , Chiller, and Medusa pennies and that started the ball rolling.

I've located twelve machines including one in the Safari Exploration Station. That's 36 smashed pennies at 51 cents each or $18.36 for the complete set. It has become a quest to get them all. As a result of running out of change or encountering a jammed machine, I have about 29 of them so far. I may have overlooked a machine or two, so the hunt continues!

Anyone else want to admit collecting mutalited coins? :P

gallery_2_28_103600.jpg

gallery_2_28_150392.jpg

gallery_2_28_147612.jpg

gallery_2_28_201782.jpg

gallery_2_28_70856.jpg

gallery_2_28_101225.jpg

gallery_2_28_297709.jpg

gallery_2_28_86675.jpg

gallery_2_28_84190.jpg

gallery_2_28_347776.jpg

gallery_2_28_123189.jpg

gallery_2_28_132725.jpg

I've always collected them from parks. They are the perfect souvenir since they are small and cheap!

I know I got my first squished penny at the Statue of Liberty on a grade school trip and I thought it was a great thing. Since then I collect them anywhere I find an interesting penny machine. The ones in rest areas can be unique.

It's amazing how much money parks make from these machines. A lot of people collect them. It's an easy way to make money and is a completely voluntary expenditure, unlike increasing food or admission prices.

I'm not sure I care for the unattractive machines scattered all over the park, however. There are certain places, such as the games area, where they are not that obtrusive. However, looking at those pictures, some of them have been placed in awkward locations.

I don't mind the penny machines as much as the poorly placed soda and vending machines.

The penny machines themselves are also stangely placed. The Golden Kingdom machine is located outside of Bizarro while the one in the Golden Kingdom has generic Looney Tunes coins.

harry did you get the one by the wii experince? also theres one over by nitro, my son likes to get them so every trip he gets a new one, only problem with a 5 year old is ass soon as he gets home there lost! oh well one day they will be reserrected i guess

Yep, I hit those two machines!

I have added close-ups of penny placards found at the top of the machines to the Souvenir Penny Machines album. One of the machine didn't have the illustration so the three penny images from the machine were included. Below is an example from the machine lcoated near the tents.

gallery_2_28_163351.jpg

maybe there actually going to update them, for rides that are actually in the park, i wanted to get the GASM coin, but the last 2 seasons it was jammed up....

So today at the park, I noticed two penny press machines, one near the entrance of the park (general logo and ride themed) and one near the Safari (obviously Safari themed). Are there others that I'm not aware of?

So after looking at PennyCollector.com, the Safari one is probably the one that used to be near the portal sign, so now its just closer to the actual Safari ride.

Edited by MidnightCat

I haven't looked for one but it seems the one I usually notice is just passed the misting station as you walk down towards the log flume.