• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

GAcoaster

The Green Lantern

I think the track layout in the newspaper article pretty much confirms that Chang is coming our way to Great Adventure - unless it is moved to another Six Flags park by next year! I have uploaded some photos of Chang from a visit I made to the park in June 2007. They can be found in our new Chang at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom album. Here are some samples.

gallery_2_43_190520.jpg

gallery_2_43_28235.jpg

gallery_2_43_11101.jpg

gallery_2_43_236311.jpg

gallery_2_43_530998.jpg

gallery_2_43_131797.jpg

That que line looks monsterous, you know that its going to be 120-150 min wait times, hope it has 3 trains!

3 trains won't matter much if they only have 2 people checking restraints since it will just mean the trains are only going to double stack. I am hoping they have 4 people rather than the standard 2.

I hope so, stand ups take alot longer to load than other types of coasters.

well on another note the top of gasms lift hil is GONE!

gallery_154_506_3665.jpg

sorry blackberry has perfected there camera like apples yet!

Edited by gafreak

If, as the article states, they are going to keep the old Great American Scream Machine queue house they will need to do some work on the roof. It is paper-thin in areas.

gallery_2_503_1826337.jpg

gallery_2_35_124138.jpg

^maybe theyll slap a new roof on, and enclose it with some AC!, How sweet would that bewhile waiting in line!

I wonder if they will add Six Flags TV as well.

Hopefully they re do the building to A. Fit the theme of the new coaster and B. Make it as Up-to-Date as the other new queues in the park. They should also add some theme elements in that massive queue house. Nitro was supposed to get SFTV this year so maybe Chang and Nitro will get it next year.

GASM queue was alot nicer than Nitro's. Sure they let rust holes form but at least most of the GASM queue was covered and kept the sun off. Most of Nitro's queue you would just bake in the sun.

Edited by The Master

anyone know where the track is being refurbised? did it go to the B&M plant in the mid west? any word on colors?

I'm not sure. I have to wonder how much was done to the track for installation at GAm before the change of venue. I believe the theme that had been chosen for GAm was something unique and it will be interesting to see if it survives or becomes something new.

I was there on the 23rd and managed to stick my camera through a hole in a fence in The Golden Kingdom. At this point there was A lot of scrap metal and steel being picked up by machines and thrown into dumpsters. I took some photos and video.

Here's a link to the video-

Here's a picture

fu5evk.jpg

I'm sorry - I've noticed a lot of shrubs around the GASM area during these construction times - have they always been there?

Yep...it's a shame most (if not all) will have to be removed for construction.

Well, hopefully we'll see some nice green grass under this coaster, along with some new shrubs!

Anyone know if they are going to reuse GASM's flood lighting for Chang?