The Green Lantern

^You mean as good as the old Batman theming. The theming is definetely not as good today as it was. The best themed ride today would still either be Batman, Skull Mountain, or Bizarro. I do hope for great theming. And not to get off topic but how many of you think this should've went to Six Flags America rather than here? I could've settled with a flat ride, a good one at least. Its been 7 years since Six Flags America has gotten a dry ride. And they have been taking out many flat rides lately, and not replacing them.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

I don't think SFA needs a ride like that, a smaller coaster like the wild mouse that is going to SFNE would probably be a better fit. We have lost more flats than they have. If you count SBNO and kiddie rides, we have lost 32 or 33 rides in the past 10 years.

Hopefully whatever theming is added to Green Lantern is maintained well. With TDK, it seems like something is always not running or working correctly (1 of the holographic projectors, the pre-show, bat signal etc.)

Edited by Yoshi

That was what I meant. The Batman Theming used to be amazing but it has obviously faded through out the years. I disagree with sending the former Chang to Six Flags America I know we have had many great coasters at Great Adventure, but we haven't gotten a new coaster in 4 years. This is also one of the Six Flags most talked about parks so they need to stay up to date. I agree that Six flags should update there coaster (Bizzarro) But they should not mark them as a new ride. It just causes a lot of people to talk. We needed a replacement for Great American Scream Machine, and That area where that ride was located was way to large for flat rides. All of those Dumb smoking areas and those empty warehouses would be prime locations for all of the lat rides. Great America should be in charge of standing up for themselves and say that they need new rides. Six Flags Magic Mountain has been stealing all of the new rides from people on the East Coast because they get new oller coasters pretty often. Just a thought.

^We haven't gotten a new roller coaster in 2 years you mean. SFA hasn't gotten a roller coaster or dry ride in 7. Attendance is dropping. People slash the park's name. And the fact that this park is outside of Baltimore, and D.C., and has had major attendance dropping since 2002, is just a joke. Many coaster enthusiasts even agree Chang should've went to SFA. I would've settled for another roller coaster, if they offered it. As long as we got something close to or better than Chang. SFA really needs this. If that park doesn't get a new ride, there might be some issues. As in closure. I don't live around SFA, I live in NJ. But I will be going to SFA in the summer, and maybe SFNE, and Dorney too. The thought just popped in my head with going to SFA.

I guess that would be fair... we have been steeling the spot light from some of the other six flags parks. I am really only defending great adventure because I really havenever been to another six flags park. Six Flags great adventure is getting a lot of attention because of our record breaking coasters. Now, we will also be the only theme park in the world to have five B + M roller coasters. I know that Six Flags great america needs a new coaster, but we are a record breaking park with some of the most amazing roller coasters. also, to get bac on topic, hopefully we will get an update on the construction. I'm hoping the footers are all in.

I like TDK and it is themed pretty well for an SF park. The theming for Batman is not once it used to be. Skull Mt is themed pretty well too. But I hope Green Lantern has better theming than Bizzaro which I thought was a waste. I am getting sick of all the superhero themes for the coasters, I rather have it themed to something else.

^Bizarro's theme isn't exactly bad. It's just not great. Medusa was a pretty good attempt at putting something somewhere it doesn't belong, and trying to make it fit. [Greek(Medusa)+Wild West(Frontier Adventures.)] And I'm getting sick of superhero themes for coasters too. Oh well, S.F. is bad financially now, so making coasters with superhero names helps them as far as ads go.

And Justin, you mean Six Flags America. Six Flags Great America is one of the payed-attention too parks. Six Flags America is the neglected one. :P

My bad..... Great america is a really good park.... I agree that naming the coasters is a bad idea.... They could have been alot more creative with the theming..... I thought they should have destressed the medusa coaster to make it an old west wagon ride or something of that nature. Bizzaro is really in the worst section of the park to be a super hero coaster...

I agree, Six Flags really does not care about the theming of their rides and where they locate them. Green Lantern is going to be in a good location of the park to be in because it is supposed to be an air force base and what not. The green Lantern takes place in space so it should be good. If they theme the coaster correctly, it should be a success.

how does Green Lantern have anything to do with a boardwalk? It's themed to a boardwalk now, not an air force base. they should just change the name to Superhero Town or something like that, because to two main attractions in that area will be Green Lantern, and Superman Ultimate Flight.

I got a chance to get a quick update at the park today to show off the state of construction.

The footers appear to all be in place. These are the footers for the lift hill turn around:

gallery_1_505_762220.jpg

The supports for the lift appear to be assembled and ready to get hoisted into position:

gallery_1_505_673260.jpg

Several of the supports for the low to the ground elements are in place:

gallery_1_505_769239.jpg

Hopefully they will continue with the construction with the cold weather. I can see why they would stop for high winds. The only excuse I would take for them holding construction is snow, rain, and high winds. Other than that, I think they should be working.

I did see parts of a Chang train on a few crates outside Bizarro a couple months ago. The park released a picture of a mostly refurbished row of the GL train sitting on the concrete pad right next to Bizarro's helix. Apparently they used the Bizarro maintenance shed to refurbish and rebuild this train. The upstop wheels and the front rail of the front of the row was just missing.