The Green Lantern

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

I did see parts of a Chang train on a few crates outside Bizarro a couple months ago. The park released a picture of a mostly refurbished row of the GL train sitting on the concrete pad right next to Bizarro's helix. Apparently they used the Bizarro maintenance shed to refurbish and rebuild this train. The upstop wheels and the front rail of the front of the row was just missing.

So did I, there were standup trains under Bizarro.

I do not see that working, the standup train wouldn't make it through the track without cutting peoples heads off.

So did I, there were standup trains under Bizarro.

I do not see that working, the standup train wouldn't make it through the track without cutting peoples heads off.

Yeah, I guess the "Auger Of Doom" would live up to it's name, and the "shields" on the first drop wouldn't be fun either. But with no themeing, it might work, same size track, and a very similar layout. The in-line twist before the Cobra Roll would be a little scary while standing, might be to much lateral force for Stand-Up restraint's.

I hope they give the queue a complete facelift. The old thing hasn't been touched since 1989. If you look at some of the current aerial photos, you can see all of the rust on the roof. it is pretty bed. Hopefully it gets Six fags TV and has good theming. Thats all I ask for..

Bizarro's only good theming is the front portal and the auger in the middle of the corkscrew. everything else i could care less about. the story line is pretty unbelievable. Hopefully Green Lantern will have something along the lines of that front portal of Bizarro. Hopefully they make that portal into the queue house so that it would be a cool theme element.

The whole Bizarro concept was just to make the GP think a whole new ride had been built and revive its popularity. While it did attract long lines for its reopening, last season it was back to being forgotten again with short waits. The theme elements I don't expect to last much longer, the first thing to go besides the audio will either be the mist or the flames since it's cousin up in New England got them removed.

As for Green Lantern, I'm hoping it relies more upon detail and clever design than metal frames and flashing lights.

I agree about Bizarro, other than maybe 1 or 2 trips where I skipped the coaster because the park was crowded and all major rides had long lines, every other trip this year the ride had either a station wait or the line was at the stairs or just at the end of the stairs. They should have just kept it as Medusa and I didn't like how they were calling it a new coaster in the advertising.

^ I feel the same way. They also really shouldn't be calling Green Lantern a completely new coaster either. It might be new to Great Aventure, but it really is recycled with a new paint color, rehabbed tracks and trains. I am still concerned that the theming of Green Lantern will be similar to Bizarro's. That would be extremely disappointing.

I don't think they're bothering with the on board audio. It seems to be more problems than its worth on the coasters that have it.

The plan has been to re-use the queue house from GASM, with new theme elements and a complete rehab. Of course, the queue house from Sarajevo Bobsled was also supposed to have been re-used for GASM and that didn't happen, so don't count on anything until the ride opens... ;)

I don't think they're bothering with the on board audio. It seems to be more problems than its worth on the coasters that have it.

The exception to this is definitely X2 at Magic Mountain. Their audio kicked that coaster so far over the top and put it in a completely new realm for me -- I haven't had that much suspense going up a lift hill since I rode GASM for the first time when it opened (my first big coaster). The big difference, in my opinion, was that it was pure music and not dialogue. It's way too hard to understand dialogue on a noisy coaster... music seems to be a lot more effective.

The plan has been to re-use the queue house from GASM, with new theme elements and a complete rehab. Of course, the queue house from Sarajevo Bobsled was also supposed to have been re-used for GASM and that didn't happen, so don't count on anything until the ride opens... ;)

Sarajevo Bobsled's STATION was supposed to be GASM's queue house, but they had to remove to much of the sructure to take out the computers.