GAcoaster

The Green Lantern

Theme is so important? Look at NITRO. The coaster experience sells the coaster more than its name and lack of any real theme. Do you even need any more than the red and blue flags of the Great American Scream Machine?

Theme IS Important. At least in my opinion. I love Nitro, but the queue could be better if it had like boxes of fake TNT or fake sticks of Dynamite in the queue. Everyone can admit that there can be more done to improve NItro. When the Great American Scream Machine first came out, that was what theme was all about. So, yes, Theme is important. And besides, they are making a roller coaster off of a Superhero!!! If they did not have any theming for Green Lantern, they would have left its colors Yellow and Blue from when it was at SFKK. If that's the way you like, don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but if a coaster is not themed properly in my opinion, it makes the ride experience less enjoyable...

we have a drop!........................^ btw this thread isnt about themeing of other rides, its the Green Lantern construction thread

the first loop could be in place by tomorrow, they have the lead in track in place, this weeks nice weather will help out alot as long as the winds arent to bad at 100ft up, id say by friday we could see some good progress!

I saw the first fourth of the first drop going down on Monday. The red crawler crane with the long lattice boom is by the first drop now. This evening: Tuesday the cam was back on the inclined loop and MCBR. The crawler crane is still all the way to the left in the current frame Tuesday night. No view of first drop in the 5pm hour.

Edited by CHILLERLC1

It will be interesting to see just how much of Chang the park will recycle. Chang had a very simple wedged shape roof. Sooner or later we'll see. I really want to see that green track continue going up first.

First drop is complete, and so is the entire bottom half of the loop. The loop need's to be "topped off" and it's complete. The track will go up pretty fast, once the element's with the highest elevation's are complete. The ride's layout is pretty low to the ground.

I noticed looking at some Chang pics, the second corkscrew and the final return the station are low enough it'll be track mounted directly to the footers, no supports.

So when I look at the cam tomorrow morning Thursday 3/4 of the loop should be up? I saw on facebook someone took a capture of the first drop all done and the bottom of the loop up.

Pictures don't do the ride justice. You guys will love it. With the lift located towards the back of the track layout, the area between the lift and the queue-house is even that more impressive!

I think the que will be one of the best features of the "Green lantern". It will interact with the ride, and it's themeing. I hope they can do something to Superman's que as well with all the added traffic it will be seeing.

I think the que will be one of the best features of the "Green lantern". It will interact with the ride, and it's themeing. I hope they can do something to Superman's que as well with all the added traffic it will be seeing.

I agree. Standing under a B&M is going to be extremely loud but it will offer great views of the ride, something that is rare to the coasters of Great Adventure.

More rare for an up close view... Bizarro and Superman are the only coasters that come to mind when I think of an up-clos (and loud!) view of the ride. Now without the snow, construction is coming along faster, and things are getting interesting!

Well it look's as if the lantern symbol will be used on the entry portal, and the station. And it also look's like the tunnel's will be "segmented", maybe they will be sort of like the "S-Shield's" on "Bizarro". Having something like them with green LED lighting and fog effect's will look really good. And all the track look's to be yellow between the two corkscrews, and that is the section the que will go under.

Yeah, we watched them assemble it while we were there and they put in in place just after we left last week. As soon as the park's webmaster gets the official pictures from that day up we'll be allowed to post ours.

That picture from Coaster Fusion was illegally obtained by an employee (like most of their other pictures have been).