The Green Lantern

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

I would assume that the old light's might interfere with the themeing, and they would probably get some light's that are more energy efficient. I know I would love to see light's on a coaster Train, but doubt it's happeneing.

The lights were actually removed as one of the first parts of the site preparations. They weren't placed properly for the new layout.

That's a shame, I kind of doubt they will install new floods for GL. Superman also used to share some floods with GASM.

That's a common area between the two corkscrews. Maybe it'll be a photo hut. The Chang entrance used to be right through that area at SFKK. I wouldn't want to be assigned to work there in that photo hut unless I got earplugs.

I could see it as being a two sided theming device as well if they're going to put up a big statue of this bad guy.

Is a piece of track green and gray leading up to that yellow piece of the corkscrew?

Edited by CHILLERLC1

I don't know if anyone who got the newsletter noticed, but we added additional photos from the Green Lantern site on the Winter Tour page. Here's a couple of samples:

Queue building:

2011_03_02_IMG_1890%20copy.jpg

Workers painting the steel structure:

2011_03_02_IMG_1903%20copy.jpg

Car shed:

2011_03_02_IMG_1898%20copy.jpg

At this point they were assembling the top of the loop on the ground. They put it in place the next day:

2011_03_02_IMG_1901%20copy.jpg

The yellow corkscrews will be going here:

030211%20108%20copy.jpg

That's interesting in that winter update to see support pieces that have the flat face plates to meet with the track and then which ones have the ball sockets that will mate up with the track and help with the transitions of the train. I've only seen the pics of the closed clamps of the track over those ball sockets. I just never really thought about the ball sockets because I don't get to see too many B&M assembly pictures rather than the everyday in operation pics.

Will the front entry plaza be enclosed? Will the queue line concrete there be painted? There may be some signs of the old GASM queue guide rails cut off at the floor level?

Edited by CHILLERLC1

Glad you mentioned that, he took some great shot's. The track where the tunnels will be are in place, and it is definetly the on-ride photo stand. That area of the exit will be really good with the corkscrew going over it.