The Green Lantern

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

Trailers look great. I do think the CG is fantastic. Just hope people aren't sick of comic book movies with Thor and X men coming out before it. Pirates 4 also come out 2 or 3 weeks before ti and Transformers 3 2 weeks after. will be a very competitive summer.

This coaster is the only B&M in our park with footers that are not flush to the ground. That's understood since it's relocated. Generally that land at SFKK was flat. The lower lift hill supports are flush to the ground here but the ones for the top of the lift and the turnaround stand on about 8 foot footers. In pictures of the coaster at SFKK they look about half that height. I think the footers were that size for the go cart track adjacent to the ride when it was at SFKK. The go cart track was given a uniform grading when it was built and the coaster adapted to that.

Edited by CHILLERLC1

I was just looking over the blueprint shot of GL from Jackson Twp. One thing that i noticed is that where what we think is the photo booth is actually on the entrance queue, not the exit. Today on the construction cam, you can see they are digging a trench where the queue will be (drainage?). According to the blueprint, the exit queue will be on the side of the dive loop, closer to the first loop. Now I doubt that the Photo Booth will be on the entrance pathway so, unless the queue's plan's have changed, not sure what that building will be.

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
spelling & punctuation

Hi everyone,

Good Friday was indeed a Good "Flying" Friday, and I have a Major Aerial Photo update, which can be found at:

http://flyinphilsgadvupdates2010-2011.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoy the photos ;)

Great Photos!

I really wonder what they're doing with that circle shaped thing outside of GASM's old entrance(kinda looks like a fountain or maybe the foundation for a statue) and whats happening underneath the lift. I guess we'll find out soon!

Edited by nitro230

I got a pretty good look at GL's station, looks like it will be a small, cheap open box style station like Superman's and Nitro. I wish GADV would big, wide stations like Dorney's stations.

We got a situation yo: Pepsi supposedly has a can promotion for the upcoming Green Lantern movie. According to Screamscape that is why the name "Standup Coaster" is used in certain SFGADV commercials like when the Coke cans are mentioned. Hopefully they could use the name Green Lantern when the commercial does not include Coke.

We can always change the name of the ride to the Riddler's Revenge. Ecuador!