The Green Lantern

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

I just realized this, where are they going to put the third train? I know Chang had two trains, and we got one from Riddler's in CA.

The ride was built with a block system for running three trains, and they built three stalls in the car shed.

I'm having a hard time figuring this out from the cam but I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. I see the handicapped ramp and stairs on the same side and usually the handicapped ramp is the exit on the opposite side. Is it going to be a one side load/unload station? Or does the handicapped ramp go under the station to the opposite side?

I'm having a hard time figuring this out from the cam but I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. I see the handicapped ramp and stairs on the same side and usually the handicapped ramp is the exit on the opposite side. Is it going to be a one side load/unload station? Or does the handicapped ramp go under the station to the opposite side?

actually they have another ramp and stairs on the other side of the station

I saw it test running in person today, it's pretty quiet for a coaster of it's size.

Edited by The Master

It was testing all day yesterday. I was walking up to Superman and the man at the gate prepared a little speach; asking what we thought of the Green Lantern, if we saw it testing and if it was awsome. He also said that what was more awsome was that Superman had no wait. Anyway, Superman's queue provides a great view of the testing. I'm glad the Green Lantern is coming along, I'm pretty excited!

I thought I saw in the videos from Friday night the train running pretty fast. I dont' think the MCBR was on just yet.

I'm also glad the lift has new lanterns, not the ones with shades like it had as Chang. The lift motor is still the same blue it was on Chang. I guess they thought it was too sensitive of a piece to try to paint. I don't think it's a big deal. There are also multiple box speakers going up the lift, not the crappy cone ones needed for a typical station operator to speak on. I think the story will be told while going up the lift. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the GASM spotlights were recycled as well. I saw a mixture of square and circle spot lights at the bottom of the first loop.

I'm glad the yellow element moved because I thought Green Lantern was losing with the second corkscrew before going back to the station.

Edited by CHILLERLC1

I thought I saw in the videos from Friday night the train running pretty fast. I dont' think the MCBR was on just yet.

Yeah it didn't sound and or look like it was on, there was no braking noise when the train went through that area and it just flied through.

i dont think the mcbr need to do much untill some of the paint on the road wheel area wears off, im sure that theres alot of friction so if they slow it down it may not make it through the rest of the course, im sure once it starts wearing in it will be adjusted

Starting to think the "flythrough's" might not be happening. If they were going to put them in, I think they would be up by now. They would have to do alot of testing for the clearance of the Train.

Starting to think the "flythrough's" might not be happening. If they were going to put them in, I think they would be up by now. They would have to do alot of testing for the clearance of the Train.

Both Bizarro's weren't put up until really close to opening, GAdv's especially was late. I don't think it would require much.

The park posted these on their Facebook page. The "Lantern Battery" will lite up inside when it's all done. And notice the Green Lantern symbol in the cement. This is the best thing I have seen so far as the themeing goes. Were not even getting grass on the infield, and it's a maze of fences. And still no "flythrough's". But this will look really good when it's all done at least.

gallery_208_401_43398.jpg

gallery_208_401_33143.jpg

gallery_208_401_33828.jpg