The Green Lantern

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

I'm 6'2 and I was fine on it. You do feel it on your legs though. All you have to do is before they "lock" the back part's height in place, keep it up high. Just sit on it like a bike seat. It is a ride that I don't think I can take alot of times in a row though. The station has two sets of stairs going to the platform, I guess they will split the line eventually on very busy days.

I hope they start using it when the line gets long, it is really frustrating to be in a line for any of the B&M coasters at the park and see a lot of seats going out empty, knowing that you could have taken one of those seats if they had a single rider line. It saved a lot of time when I have used it at other parks, Rip Ride Rock It was around 20 minutes standby, using the single rider line I waited about a minute.

Awesome! Now I don't have to worry about getting to the park at opening to avoid a long line. I wonder if that means they are going to assign rows?

Edited by Yoshi

Awesome! Now I don't have to worry about getting to the park at opening to avoid a long line. I wonder if that means they are going to assign rows?

Most single rider lines I have seen move much slower than the regular line. For some reason most groups are even numbers, and many times the employees just do not manage single rider lines well.

I don't think single rider would work for 3 train operation. They have to be fast to pull off loading 3 trains. Today the three trains were running and the single rider line was closed. I think they'll be running two trains when the single rider line opens up.

• 2 weeks later...

As we explained, because of contractual restrictions between Time Warner's Green Lantern and Pepsi, Great Adventure's advertising of the new ride varies dependent upon whether or not a particular company has ties to Coca-Cola.

Wendy's sells Coke, therefore their promotion of the Green Lantern omits the character/movie name and simply refers to it as the "New Stand-Up Looping Coaster". Below is a tray liner from Wendy's.

gallery_2_764_758709.jpg

^Thats unique, I've never seen ads in a tray liner before, that didn't feature the places deals. Go Six Flags for thinking outside the box.

I think it was 2006 when I saw a SFGA Fright Fest tray liner at a Burger King.

i noticed this past weekend at coaster celebration that at the bottom of the lift hill there are footers poured, i belive that we will be having a fluy through soon, couldnt get a pic of them but take a look next time you go down the drop you will see them!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

all good things must come to an end. I was wondering about the single rider line, do you have to wait in the regular line until you reach the stairs?

^ Yes, last season you had to wait in the normal line until you reached the stairs. You get to skip the cutbacks before going into the station with that line. You still have to wait a while, but the single person line helps.

it helps for the guest but boy do I tell you. Its hard for us attendants to maintain!

I really like the single rider line and wish other coasters had it. The best was the first time I rode the coaster was a Saturday in September and the line ended right where the stairs was so I got to walk right onto the ride bypassing around a 20 minute line. Other times, I still have to wait 25 - 30 minutes total but it was better than waiting around 45 minutes if I had not used the single rider line.

• 4 weeks later...