Jump to content

The Green Lantern


Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

Guest racinggal17

Have you ever ridden the Green Lantern Stand-up Coaster?

 

If so, I would like to here about it. If not, I would like to know if you have not.

Edited by Up_Up_and_Away
New thread merged into existing thread; going forward, please utilize an existing thread if an applicable one already exists. ~UU&A
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always rode sitting and it was fine.

 

 

It really depends on how tall you are. A lot of taller people come off the ride with some pain while the smaller folks don't usually experience this. I'm tall, so I come off the ride with a bit of pain in my legs. Gl also gives me a headache sometimes. The weather is a big factor when riding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 years later...

Alright guys, I'm sure this is no new debate or topic. Please tell me your thoughts though. This may be more relevant to future goings on but I must address this. It is no mystery this ride is intense nor is it a wonder why it was removed as Chang.  The pressure and pain on lower legs and knees due to the intense G forces while standing is not acceptable and I feel dangerous for those with knee problems.  I nor my family will ride this coaster anymore, and sadly it is a B&M, my personal fav co. known for intense yet smooth and comfortable ride experiences.  Please tell me if there is any real chatter about replacing the Stand Up vehicles or if this coaster is slated for possible future removal. Ive heard chatter on here about Medusa/Bizzaro being a candidate for removal for a new coaster. This, I feel would be sinful as Medusa is still one of the best B&M looping coasters and first of its kind.  My opinion is GL must be removed and replaced or at very least a new ride system.  Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rceracreations said:

Alright guys, I'm sure this is no new debate or topic. Please tell me your thoughts though. This may be more relevant to future goings on but I must address this. It is no mystery this ride is intense nor is it a wonder why it was removed as Chang.  The pressure and pain on lower legs and knees due to the intense G forces while standing is not acceptable and I feel dangerous for those with knee problems.  I nor my family will ride this coaster anymore, and sadly it is a B&M, my personal fav co. known for intense yet smooth and comfortable ride experiences.  Please tell me if there is any real chatter about replacing the Stand Up vehicles or if this coaster is slated for possible future removal. Ive heard chatter on here about Medusa/Bizzaro being a candidate for removal for a new coaster. This, I feel would be sinful as Medusa is still one of the best B&M looping coasters and first of its kind.  My opinion is GL must be removed and replaced or at very least a new ride system.  Thoughts?

 

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.

 

Also, based on your wording, it sounds like you may not be aware of some of the details behind Chang's removal. As far as enthusiasts know, the reason is not about the ride being rough or intense, but rather a situation influenced by Six Flags' dealings with the Kentucky Fair Board. Essentially, the contract was not getting renewed and Six Flags moved the ride out of Kentucky Kingdom before losing control of the park.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt thank you for the info! I just hear a ton of chatter in regards to Bizzaro's location and ridership, but yes very new to the goings on again so I trust your info on the situation. Medusa holds great memories for me as I was a reg season pass holder in late nineties and being a first of its kind... it's just that I don't trust the SF chain to be fiercely loyal to any of their stock...

As for GL, yes thank you for info on why Chang removal as well. I apologize for the misinformation as well. Do we know if there is any credible chatter or Mngmt taking this seriously...about the change to a different ride system? It's rather sad, yes the ride is incredibly intense but with the stand up system is clunky and provides no additional thrill short of the awful feeling of pain in the shins and knees.  My entire family complained of it and agreed it would not be a coaster at GA we would contemplate again. It's just sad to refer to a B&M like this, but I do know it's not the only B&M that didn't quite fit the bill in one way or another, I mean there is one right next to it IMO. I could see the floorless trains added just to update this addition, but I mean would that take care of the force emitted to the lower legs? I assume so as you are sitting rather than standing.  But then, two floorless B&M's with similar elements... it just seems so redundant. I truly wish they would just wipe that slate clean and start over in that spot... it's just such an afterthought empty flat lot with no character whatsoever, it wouldn't kill me if they just turned it into additional parking. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the coaster lineup and would be disappointed to lose any but I've heard that Superman and Green Lantern will be remove and a new coaster would be installed that covers the footprint  of both.

 

Ah, I'm kidding, I've never heard of any such thing. I really do enjoy all of the coasters at Great Adventure, even Green Lantern.

 

That would make room for something really cool though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scott said:

I like the coaster lineup and would be disappointed to lose any but I've heard that Superman and Green Lantern will be remove and a new coaster would be installed that covers the footprint  of both.

That's actually a really, really big footprint for a steel coaster that's not an out-and-back like Nitro.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is Kumba this coaster. It would be an extreme improvement and would be an amazing layout. A true replacement for Scream Machine.  Cedar Fair is following Six Flags on the RMC front I hope Six Flags follows some of Cedar Fair’s thoughts hear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I know the app isn't always accurate (and I'm not at the park to see if it is) but Green Lantern is showing a wait time of 115 minutes, the longest line in the entire park. If enough people like the ride enough to wait almost 2 hours for it, I feel like Six Flags probably wouldn't want to spend the money to change it from a standup coaster.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I know the app isn't always accurate (and I'm not at the park to see if it is) but Green Lantern is showing a wait time of 115 minutes, the longest line in the entire park. If enough people like the ride enough to wait almost 2 hours for it, I feel like Six Flags probably wouldn't want to spend the money to change it from a standup coaster.

 

 

That's the longest I've heard of a line for Green Lantern. I doubt Six Flags will change Green Lantern from a stand up to a sit down as lines for it are usually around a half hour on a normal day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

the crowds at SFGA on Saturday were ridiculous - I can imagine the line was that long

The final weekend of Fright Fest is usually the busiest weekend of the season. Luckily the Green Lantern line that's two hours long wasn't as long as some lines at Cedar Point during Halloweekends. I watched a video that showed the park during the event and Raptor had almost a 4 hour wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...