The Green Lantern

The second train is on property. And apparently "Coaster Fusion" doesn't care if they are ever invited to the park's media events since they keep posting illegally obtained photos and video (obviously from a park employee). I wouldn't be surprised to see pass revoked and people fired over this...

In a way, I'd be pretty surprised if GA particularly minded at all. Leaking photos ultimately just feeds the buzz of anticipation for the new attraction. Yes, I'm sure they would like to get a big bang out of their press release... but from a PR perspective, the extra boost in attention is exactly your goal when promoting something like this, no? Now, if someone took an after hours video of GA of something bad -- let's say they were using monkeys from the Safari as test riders for the new ride -- then I could understand the park being upset. :D

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's never been credible rumors on any of this. Just people wanting to start rumors (about Bizarro leaving) and people hoping for a transformation of GL to floorless.   Also, based on you

Rode GL once, and that was enough for me.  It went to the bottom of my coaster list.

Posted Images

In a way, I'd be pretty surprised if GA particularly minded at all. Leaking photos ultimately just feeds the buzz of anticipation for the new attraction. Yes, I'm sure they would like to get a big bang out of their press release... but from a PR perspective, the extra boost in attention is exactly your goal when promoting something like this, no? Now, if someone took an after hours video of GA of something bad -- let's say they were using monkeys from the Safari as test riders for the new ride -- then I could understand the park being upset. :D

They have a VERY strict policy on photography in backstage areas as well as employees divulging info and pictures if they are not authorized. There's a reason why the trains were immediately pulled into buildings after the pictures surfaced...

I walked right past those trains and as much as I wanted to take pictures of them and post them here, I did not.

Too many videos to control them? They also need to enforce the camera policy better. There was someone filming on Blackbeard's earlier this year and he refused to put his camera away (the ride ops told him to put it away after he took the camera out right after the train was dispatched). After 1 lap, they kicked him off the ride but didn't call security and of course wasn't ejected. I see cameras out on rides all the time. If people saw others get ejected for cameras on rides, maybe it would stop people from trying to take POV's.

• 2 weeks later...
Too many videos to control them? They also need to enforce the camera policy better. There was someone filming on Blackbeard's earlier this year and he refused to put his camera away (the ride ops told him to put it away after he took the camera out right after the train was dispatched). After 1 lap, they kicked him off the ride but didn't call security and of course wasn't ejected. I see cameras out on rides all the time. If people saw others get ejected for cameras on rides, maybe it would stop people from trying to take POV's.

LOL are you kidding? They inforce the camera rule here way more than they do at any other park...

My mom was holding her camera because she didn't want to put it in her pocket because something had already fallen out - and she had to show her ID for just HOLDING it, not taking video. She didn't get in trouble, but someone else who actually was filming did. I also saw someone on El Toro get in trouble (but they ran away when the security guard turned around), and I saw security create a drag net at Bizarro's exit when someone was recording that.

If you want ANOTHER example, I videotaped the Dark Knight's preshow, and I was warned not to film the ride ("You better not take that camera out on the ride.") And it wasn't too polite either.

They REALLY enforce this policy. I just wish they'd enforce the line jumping policy as much.

From the Asbury Park Press:

Great Adventure to add new roller coaster

JACKSON — Six Flags Great Adventure plans to add a new, 15-story roller coaster to its stable of thrill rides.

The new ride will be named Green Lantern, after the DC Comics superhero, and will be the 12th roller coaster featured at the park, park officials said Wednesday.

The theme park plans on a public unveiling of Green Lantern in the spring, according to spokeswoman Angel Aristone. The opening of the coaster also will coincide with the release of a motion picture based on the Green Lantern comic book character.

Designing the structure will be the Swiss-based company Bolliger & Mabillard, an engineering consulting firm that specializes in coaster construction.

Bolliger & Mabillard also is responsible for designing roller coasters such as Nitro, Bizarro, Superman-Ultimate Flight and Batman the Ride … all featured attractions at Great Adventure, park president John Fitzgerald said.

"Six Flags is home to many of the biggest roller coasters in the world, and Green Lantern brings an all new dimension of thrills,'' Fitzgerald said in a statement.

Officials said Green Lantern will stand 154 feet tall and reach speeds of up to 63 mph.

The newest coaster will offer a 2 minute ride and will begin with a 45-degree vertical drop before rocketing riders through five inversions … including a 121-foot-tall loop, a 103-foot dive loop and a 72-foot inclined loop.

Six Flags Great Adventure is home to Kingda Ka, considered the tallest and one of the fastest coasters in the world.

Green Lantern will be located in the boardwalk section of the theme park, Aristone said.

The new ride will be named Green Lantern, after the DC Comics superhero, and will be the 12th roller coaster featured at the park, park officials said Wednesday.

Green Lantern should be the 13th roller coaster featured at the park. ???? Hopefully it is just a mis-count and we aren't losing any more!

Why can't they theme a coaster to something other than superheros. Most people do not care about superheros, I know I don't.

its better than parks like Dorney that have NO theme at all. Atleast they're trying and superheros arr popular so i'll give theme some credit.

as for the 12th coaster, i think it was a miscount considering our park only has 12 coasters at press time.

and GACOASTER, what do you mean but new additions?