Six Flags New England Adding Gotham City Gauntlet for 2011

From Six Flags:

In 2011, we're adding a 10th coaster to our already amazing arsenal of thrill rides. The new ride will be located in the DC Super Hero Adventures section and will offer an all new coaster adventure to delight thrill seekers of every age.

The experience begins when you board the four-person coaster cars and start a 5-story climb towards the sky. Once you reach the top of the lift hill, your world is sent spinning and twirling through a maze of 17 hairpin turns, winding twists and turns and unexpected dips while careening along 1,213 feet

of track.

Stay tuned — more info and the name will be announced soon!

Hmmm, sounds like the wild mouse that Six Flags took out of SFKK. :D

I never wanted TDK. The park has Pandemonium and Catwoman's whip they have enough family coasters. Why fill a space that could hold 3-5 flats with a coaster that will be popular for one year. and NE already has the same model at funtown in ME.

The one at Funtown is a mirror I believe. RRE is one of the few mirrors of the model. I think its the same exact one thats at Hershey though. It will be good for the GP for a couple years but being next to Bizarro, I'm not sure what they will think. I just hope they theme it but not to Green Lantern.

Also mrcreagle you forgot Thunderbolt for family coasters.

I rarely push thunderbolt as a family coaster but your just making the addition sound worse. It really doesn't matter is it's a mirror or not. The coaster is still a wild mouse. your giving it 2 years which still is not what they need. A park like TGE the coaster would have stayed popular for years to come.

Ya that's what I hear. and that's why they are called Rumors. Thing is it is just not desired I have never seen a response come with so much backlash as this addition. So many negative comments on facebook alone.

The one at Funtown is a mirror I believe. RRE is one of the few mirrors of the model. I think its the same exact one thats at Hershey though. It will be good for the GP for a couple years but being next to Bizarro, I'm not sure what they will think. I just hope they theme it but not to Green Lantern.

Hershey's is a Mack like TDK. I have never ridden RRE but have been on Dorney's Wild Mouse which is a Maurer Sohne like RRE and it wasn't nearly as good. I don't know if it was just because Dorney likes to have all the brakes turned on but you slam into the brakes and the seats are lower in the car so if you are tall, there isn't a lot of leg room especially in the front row.

Edited by Yoshi
  • 3 weeks later...

And we've got out second Green Lantern :):clap:

On the Facebook page when asked about Nightwing:

Nightwing was removed 2 years ago, and replaced by Jokers Wildcard. Ever since Lex Luthor Replaced Superman with Bizarro, super villains have slowly been taken over DC. But I hear that the Green Lantern Corp plans to keep the villains at bay in 2011

And whats Hangar 18 all about? Sounds like part of the GL plot?

Rockville is the crash site of Area 51 and the home of the mysterious Hangar 18. The military has quarantine parts of Rockville after reports of a “meteor” crashing in the town square. Everything has been hush, hush, but now government agents have taken over the crash site. It look like overkill for just a “meteor”. An insider at Area 51 reported that the soldiers who first quarantined the site in Rockville have developed some strange skin rash. It looks almost alien…

Say what you want about mouse coasters. But I am excited. At first I was unsure of it but now I'm thinking they could do a lot with this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the double post, but its been announced!

Without further ado... Six Flags New England's 10th Roller Coaster has been named GOTHAM CITY GAUNTLET ESCAPE FROM ARKHAM ASYLUM! Stay tuned for more details on our official website.

http://www.facebook.com/sixflagsne/posts/186530441381208

From the website:

Six Flags New England scores a perfect 10. We're adding a 10th coaster to our amazing arsenal of thrill rides that includes top attractions like Bizarro, the #1 steel coaster. Our newest coaster, Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum opens in April.

Tap into your villainous side as you attempt to escape from Arkham Asylum; home of Gotham City's criminally insane. Board the four-person coaster cars and start a five-story climb towards the sky. Once you reach the top of the lift hill, your world is sent spinning and twirling through a maze of 17 hairpin turns, winding twists and turns and unexpected dips.Careening along 1,213 feet of track, this all new coaster adventure will delight thrill seekers of every age.

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rides/G...tyGauntlet.aspx

Edited by acq10uaz