29yrswithaGApass

Rolling Thunder

I found this horribly primitive mock up I did about ten years ago of Rolling Thunder's original sign. Anyone remember how cool this sign was at night?

Click below:

gallery_2_35_42186.jpg

That video fails to load for me. Suggestions?

It uses a QuickTime plugin. Maybe try it on a mobile device.

Believe me, you aren't missing much!

I remember that "Rolling Thunder" signage animation as a kid. It was one of the things I missed when they let it fall into disrepair.

I just found an example of Rolling Thunder's Station Music. This Brings Back Memories! :D

• Like 2

I just found an example of Rolling Thunder's Station Music. This Brings Back Memories! :D

I wish more coasters had station music especially ones made for the ride. While I never had the chance to visit when Rolling Thunder was around, the station music somewhat sounds like the Superman theme.

While I've never seen Rolling Thunder (my first and only trip was in 2015...) That sounds amazing. It's sad how unappreciated classic wooden coasters are now. They are the true thrill ride.

I wish more coasters had station music especially ones made for the ride. While I never had the chance to visit when Rolling Thunder was around, the station music somewhat sounds like the Superman theme.

Unfortunately we live in an A.D.D. world where people have to be entertained or plugged in 24/7. Just playing music doesn't cut it any more - there has to be TV monitors playing all kinds of "entertainment" while people wait in lines.

Unfortunately we live in an A.D.D. world where people have to be entertained or plugged in 24/7. Just playing music doesn't cut it any more - there has to be TV monitors playing all kinds of "entertainment" while people wait in lines.

Which is why El Toro plays music videos instead of unique station music.

Which is why El Toro plays music videos instead of unique station music.

That's why I prefer a ride queue that sets a theatrical tone like Skull Mountain, as opposed to just watching TV videos. Obviously it is easier to accomplish this with indoor coasters, but the original queue for Batman: The Ride was a classic example of what can be done with outdoor ones. Too bad it was diminished over the years.

The queue for Dark Knight was pretty good when it was opened, but it seems lame now and needs some kind of update.