Sign in to follow this  
GAcoaster

Glow In The Park Nighttime Parade

We happened to be at the park for the last performance and thought that it was wonderful as always. I liked the small tweaks they made during the season as a whole and through the parade came together very well. Something I noticed quite a bit was people who di not seem interested in the parade before it got to them actually stopping to take it in and seeming impressed. When you can catch an audience who doesn't think that it's worth it beforehand you have done an amazing job :)

I uploaded a video of the entire parade online! Click

to watch it!

-Dainan "This was one of he orignal perfomances" Rafferty

I doubt it would have ANYTHING to do with Mr. Six since that ad campaign was dropped and has been personally mentioned by Shapiro as being something he disliked about the old management.

If I had to guess, it might be a Scooby Doo float, especially if the rumor is true and Houdini will be coming back as a Scooby Doo themed ride.

This is one of the few weekends that I haven't seen the Glow in the Park Parade since May. I have this urge to put my Christmas tree up just so I can look at the all the lights! :P

35th Anniversary sounds interesting but would not have much functionality past next season. I am sure they would be shooting for something with lasting appeal if they decide to go on with the parade in the future even if changes are made.

That's so cool the way the directional mic on the camera pics up the specific versions of the music from each float. When you stand there watching it it all blends together much more and you miss all the layers of sound for each float. They really put a lot of thought into the whole parade and how the whole thing flows both visually and audibly.

The park is looking for new talent for the Glow in the Park parade for 2009. Auditions are coming up and if you can sing the parade theme song "Let it Shine" and look like the lady on the lead float, you stand a chance. They have posted a link to the lyrics (partial) and a music file of the song. Read all about it HERE.

gallery_2_10_25324.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what the new float could be? I hope it's Mr.Six's bus

Hey, with the comeback of Mr.Six you never know. .

Maybe it will be a Great Adventure 35th anniversary float, with the Big Wheel, the Fort, etc in Glow lights... :D

But this is a great idea, personalized to GADV.

I know I would like to see a Float representing the Coaster's of GA. I could piture lit up track's in diffrent colors representing the diffrent Coaster's of the park. Neon Green for Kingda Ka, a Purple or 'Blacklight" for the Batman Rides and I quess Blue for whatever Medusa will be. A bunch of lit up track's of diffrent colors all intertwined would be pretty cool looking.

I know I would like to see a Float representing the Coaster's of GA. I could piture lit up track's in diffrent colors representing the diffrent Coaster's of the park. Neon Green for Kingda Ka, a Purple or 'Blacklight" for the Batman Rides and I quess Blue for whatever Medusa will be. A bunch of lit up track's of diffrent colors all intertwined would be pretty cool looking.

Really good idea!

I would like to see a Mr, Six float.

Seems like it may happen if Mr.Six comes back. It would be cool to see the Mr.Six bus Converted in a parade float, but I'd rather the bus be used to give rides. But also, if the park decids to change advertising icons again, it would become obsolete.

This is a quote from the SF Great Adventure website about the parade.

"The Glow in the Park Parade features the latest parade technology and special effects, and every element will be adorned with thousand of sparkling lights. The parade will bring the park streets to life as dramatic, state-of-the-art floats attract and fascinate guests with the sounds of cirque-style music. 2009 will feature a new finale float with a distinctly Six Flags theme."

It could be something to do with the return of Mr. Six. He could be dancing on the float. They have other characters on floats. It could also have something to do with the 35th anniversary.

I must concur on this one. Would be kinda funny though if they literally just built a float with six giant flags on it out of nowhere. That would teach us to jump to conclusions. :)