Dorney Selling Several Kiddie Rides

I thought getting rid of Balloon Race was a very stupid decision since it is being replaced with a Samba Tower (the same type of ride in Bugs Bunny National Park).

Although Tot Spot recently was never that great since so many rides have been removed over the years, I have memories of it from the 80's and 90's so it will be missed. I hope they keep Dragon Coaster since is not listed for sale and because they didn't it consider it part of Tot Spot, they could find a spot to relocate it elsewhere in the park.

It's too bad on Little Laser's last day, they didn't allow anyone to ride to get the credit. It also means that they are now only going to have 7 or 8 coasters and just 2 years ago they were marketing the park as having 10 coasters.

It also means that if they get rid of the Dragon Coaster too the only coaster for under 44" inches is Woodstock's Express and the only 2 coasters for under 48" is Wild Mouse and Woodstock's Express. And now all the kiddie rides will be in 1 area of the park, I like how at Great Adventure and Hershey there are multiple kids areas so the kids can ride the kiddie rides while the older kids can ride the bigger rides in the area. Now the smaller kids will be stuck in that 1 area except for the smaller family rides they can go on.

This will really make the one arm of the park by Laser'ss old spot empty. Maybe they are planning on closing off that section? The Ballon Race is a full size flat, not a kiddie ride and it is stupid to replace it with a kiddie ride.

That would be great, especially if they changed the cycle if they bought it. When the Balloons were the highest they would go at Dorney, they stayed there for only 15 seconds before being lowered again.

They already closed off the old Chester Cheetah land area and second train station, you can't even walk to them now. My feeling is that they will close off that section for who knows how long like GADV's Old Country.

Edited by The Master

And less than 10 years ago the park had 2 trains that actually served as transportation rides and now both are just regular rides with the 2nd station closed or in CCC's case, demolished and the track made shorter. I hope they put a new coaster in that area, like the rumored GCI the park was going to get in 2008 before CF decided to close Geauga Lake and we got Voodoo instead.

They already closed off the old Chester Cheetah land area and second train station, you can't even walk to them now. My feeling is that they will close off that section for who knows how long like GADV's Old Country.
  • 5 weeks later...