Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Eat! Eat!

I never saw it open as the 50s diner over the years it was like that. I guess it was only open on peak days back then. I have eaten there a few times when it was taken over by Mamma Flora's.

It's so strange to see a cigarette machine in the background in one of the pictures when now you can't even smoke in the park except in designated areas. I never knew the restaurant had so many themes and names over the years.

It's so strange to see a cigarette machine in the background in one of the pictures when now you can't even smoke in the park except in designated areas. I never knew the restaurant had so many themes and names over the years.

The cigarette machines used to be a HUGE revenue stream for the park. They were actually run by the Operations Department and were the chief money maker for the department (aside from admission ticket sales).

When the restaurant originally opened as a diner they had the car in the photo below outside the entrance. They actually staffed the car with guard - you can see him standing watch!

19930616%20copy.jpg

Some of the best food in the park is in this place, but I really wish that we still had that 50's Diner theme, I don't remember it at all! The theming of Mama Flora's is really out of place, the whole park is fragmented in cohesive themes. The Medieval theme seems much more appropriate for the Old Country than Fantasy Forest (if they ever reopen the Old Country)

The car looks like a 1957 Chevy Bel Air, 2 door version. Wish it were mine.

I'm sure the car is on property somewhere home to many critters, like the boat under Nitro's lift.

More likely it was leased from its real owner, remember how 29years said there were different cars and anyway I think SF would be smart enough to sell an antique like that before they let it rot in the forest.

It is ironic that this restaurant changed its facade from a 50's diner to a medieval castle to match the change of the arcade next door from a pinball parlor to a castle for laser tag. Now that arcade castle houses a 50's style bowlarama which would look much better in a pinball parlor themed building!

It's very cute. If the park had a 50s section it would be great. This is the problem with whoever designs the parks, they place all kinds of random things that do not go together in sections that are not themed to match them. Its like they design things in an office somewhere, having no idea what park it's going in, and then throw a dart at the park map to decide where to put it.

i been thinking what if they move johnny rockets there and rebrand johnny rockets back to fountain cafe and get the pinball parlor a makeover to look like a chinese theater that have a small show like the kids theater at safari kids. and move deja vu to boardwalk and add a huss breakdance and call it rock & roll and grannys stay the same but make the food better. and move the bumper cars to red tent and call it dream street motors and add a twist and splash themed to movietown splash effect and add daffy duck figure on top of the ride and move air jumbo to golden kingdom and add a balloon race and call it phileas foggs balloon ride like the now defunct panorama wheel. give skyscreamer theme and big wheel gives theme to be like a film reel with cars have movies from warner bros like: looney tunes, dc, willy wonka (both 1971 and 2005), lethal weapon, and more and if they have room, add a zamperla tower ride and called it stuntmans freefall behind big wheel and santa house with santa house moved to info center and move info center to that closed store behind photo spot for the indoor queue line, the indoor queue would show films of great acheivments of stuntmen while the actual ride are was themed to a movie set and retheme adventure alley to movietown like at six flags mexico