• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

29yrswithaGApass

Spotlights on the Sixs!

^ We welcome any requests, and do take them into consideration when we put together our schedule. We can't get to all of them right away, but we will get to all of them!

Awsome! Perhaps when you get enought material, have you considered the Log Flume? Other than that, I'm excited because another Spotlight comes out tomorrow!

With some of these spotlights it's feast or famine...there is either so little (or at least so little in our collection right now) that the spotlight would be really small, or there is so much that turning it into a spotlight is a MAJOR undertaking.

Log Flume is a perfect example of a HUGE spotlight because we have so many pictures and it's difficult to figure out just how to present them all effectively, plus we keep getting more and more. Rolling Thunder and GASM were also examples of these. Another problem is what do we do when we keep getting more information and pictures for a spotlight? We have to keep revising the pages.

Right now I think we'll mainly be concentrating on a couple of the small spotlights with some of them building up to major spotlights (whole sections of the park), but there may be a biggie or two coming in the next few weeks. :D

IMO, The Modern Stuff (Dark Knight, Green Lantern, Bugs Bunny National Park, Golden Kingdom, etc.) would be easier than the older stuff (Jumbo Jet, Strawberry Fair, Planned but never built, etc.)

^ All good ideas! We will probably have an update to the Halloween Events page this fall as part of the 20th Anniversary of Fright Fest. We would love to do another Attractions Planned But Never Built Spotlight, but we need to do additional research before we can release the next one. Watch for the Sponsors Spotlight in the upcoming months. It is a great idea!

In the meantime, tomorrow is the 26th! Spotlights are on-deck!

So, by the calendar we should have introduced 8 new Spotlights and/or features so far this year with our new Spotlights on the Six's campaign.

Since the first of the year, we have actually introduced 18 new Spotlights/features! How cool is that!

Bit of an Odd Request (That's Impossible) but:

The Coca-Cola Cool Zone?

I Just kinda wanna know why Six Flags Added these to various Properties

We'll see what we can do!

I'm just finishing up the next two spotlights for the 6th and the 16th. We'll be away for a week or two and we'll be crazy busy with the opening of Green Lantern coming up so I'm putting the spotlights and newsletters together in advance! :D

No Offense but with all those rides, you left out something Important IMO:

Why Were they Removed (Maintenance or Otherwise)

Wow, I Feel like a Jerk.

In most cases we really don't know why they were removed. There's really no official word on why most attractions are removed. We know that Wild Flower and Jumbo Jet were leased with the option to buy which the park apparently didn't exercise (just like the first Enterprise). We assume the same was true with Super Cat.

With Skooter and Tilt-A-Whirl we assume it was a case of eliminating excess capacity at a time when the park was doing very poorly attendance wise.