Updated Six Flags Website and Literature

What do you think of the new look?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the "new" website?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • It's OK
    • Don't like it
    • Didn't notice the change
    • I liked the old one better
  2. 2. What do you think of the new slogan "GO BIG, GO SIX FLAGS!"

• Love it
    • Like it
    • It's OK
    • Don't like it
    • I liked the old one better

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the Six Flags website has been updated with new colors and a modified look.

SFWeb.jpg

Also, they have finally come into the 21st century with the introduction of more media (webcams for construction, etc).

Personally I LOVE the new slogan and look. While I agree with some of what was done under Mark Shapiro, trying to get away from what Six Flags is known for (thrills) was a big mistake.

"GO Big, GO Six Flags!" is much more fitting for Six Flags parks as a whole.

The new website is just as cluttered and obnoxious as the old website, just different colors. It doesn't even look like a site for a park, it looks like a Doritos ad. The most prominant thing on the page is "3 Easy Payments".

If you want to see what a website for a park should look like, go to buschgardens.com. It's classy, attractive, and highlights coasters while making the parks look beautiful and appropriate for families.

And "Go Big Go Six Flags"?! What does that even mean? It's another silly slogan that doesn't say anything about the parks.

I don't know, I think it's more eye catching. As for not looking like a park site, people who are going to the website already know what Six Flags is.

I think when people get to see the new marketing materials and commercials it will make a better impression overall.

The new slogan is awesome! It's a refresh of the old So Big, So Fast, So Close, So Go commercials. You'll see signs that'll say Go Faster or Go Taller for Kingda Ka. Six Flags America's Facebook's info says something like Go Big, Go Close, Go Six Flags America, you're nations capital of FUN.

From SFMM's they have packets for all their events featuring Go Big stuff. One that really stands out is grad night.

After 13-plus years of preshool, kindergarten, grade-school, Jr. High, and High School, there's only one way to GO...
Then it has the huge Go Big, Go Six Flags Magic Mountain logo. Tell me that's stupid.

Other way's to Go Six Flags are (for the kids) Go Looney, (for promo's) Go For less, and you can even Go Epic sometimes. That's all from the Grad Event. So personally, I love the Go Big slogan.

As for the new website, its great. Just a little to bright. But like GAcoaster said, it grabs you're attention, which is what they wanted.

I think as this rolls out you're going to see more and like it more. GO Family, GO Friends, GO Now, GO Wet, etc. From the pieces of collateral I've seen so far it seems like a better thought out ad campaign than anything we've seen in the past few seasons.

So "Go Big! Go Six Flags" isn't really the slogan, just the word "Go" that will be tacked onto many different words? Sounds a little vague, with no real direction. Just the word "Go" is pretty lame for a slogan.

No, as you can see on the website Go Big, Go Six Flags is the slogan. It can be changed up just like how More Flags, More Fun was changed up.

In 2011 they have new owners and a bunch of new changes, they're saying to just Go Big, and to Go [to] Six Flags.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the "So Big, So Fast, So Close" campaign because it got people thinking about making a day trip out to the park because it was near by.

Click the pamphlet cover below to view a 1996 Six Flags Theme Park brochure. I like how even though it promoted coasters, it also included attractions and shows that rounded out the theme park experience.

1996%20Six%20Flags%20Pamphlet0001%20copy

That is a great example of what to look forward too. They were able to showcase the major coasters while still keeping families in mind. It seems thrills are the main focus. The 50th Anniversary logo looks pretty good too. Good Job Six Flags!

And FINALLY they used the phrase...Three Parks, One Destination.