Thrill-Pics

Spotlight Requests

Love the Spotlight requests. One of the best highlights of the entire web page. Any chance a spotlight on the construction of Fun Fair might be doable? Thanks in advance.

If only we could! That is a Spotlight I would love for us to do too but unfortunately we don't have any construction photos of this area. Fun Fair is a strange thing. It is the one area of the park that seems to have the least number of photos taken of it. I have a theory - guests were too busy riding all the rides packed into this area to even bother taking out their cameras for pictures. The vast majority of early photos of the park seem to have been taken at the Safari, Aqua Stadium, and Great Arena. All of these were areas where guests could actually sit for an extended period of time and catch their breath (and take photos).

If anyone has photos of Fun Fair we would love to see them.

Anything coming down the pipeline soon? Re-reading old spotlights has me hankering for a new one.

Now that the book is done, we have a couple of other (website related) projects to complete and then we'll be ready to get some new spotlights out!

Expect some spotlight updates coming soon as well with some of the great new photos we got while putting the book together.

I want to see one on Green Lantern and the Great Lake Grandstand

Thanks for all the suggestions. We have many of those "under construction". We will be introducing a whole lineup of new Spotlights in the upcoming days. None of them are major ones, but all are "needed" for bigger and better things to come! ;)

• Like 1

I know it's been said a hundred times, but I want to see a Haunted Castle spotlight. I live in the town that one of the victims lived in, and everyone still wants to know more about what went down.

When we do the spotlight, we really won't get into the fire and what happened. We focus on our website and in our books on the happy memories.

If you really want to know what happened, all of it is public record from the ensuing trials. I guarantee it's really not that interesting as someone who read them and knew people who were intimately involved with the HC. It was a tragedy that could have been prevented but things fell between the cracks of bureaucracy since it was a unique structure. Laws changed nationwide as a result and the whole theme park industry changed because of it as well.

Will the spotlight have a little bit about the fire?

I know it's been said a hundred times, but I want to see a Haunted Castle spotlight. I live in the town that one of the victims lived in, and everyone still wants to know more about what went down.

Which means the town you live is one of two that had a victim. Those are Paterson and Monroe (Gloucester County).

It will be mentioned (we always mention the demise of any attraction), but don't expect pictures of the fire or the aftermath, just the things built on the same spot.

With spotlights on rides/attractions with incidents, do you always exclude pictures regarding the incident?

Will the spotlight have a little bit about the fire?

Which means the town you live is one of two that had a victim. Those are Paterson and Monroe (Gloucester County).

I do (Monroe).

ok so I'm being serious with this one I think Roger the Magical Security Guard needs a spot light. Anyone that follows the park probably came in contact with him at one point he did his tricks many time for my family and id like to know more bout him.

How long was Roger at the park? I first heard of Roger in a YouTube video doing some money trick in 2014 at the park.

How long was Roger at the park? I first heard of Roger in a YouTube video doing some money trick in 2014 at the park.

He was still there last season. A spotlight on him would be interesting.

He's been there as long as I can remember, though I feel like I didn't see him for a few years. He's definitely back again, though. (And hopefully for this year)

A History of Fast Lane/ Flash Pass

Hurricane Harbor Planning

A Walk In the Park

Cyclone Coaster

Hotels

Coca Cola Cool Zone

Hurricane Harbor- Planned But Never Built

Halloween Events Updated

Since there was a Skull Mountain original queue spotlight, I'd be interested in a Kingda Ka original queue spotlight. You can still see where it used to extend when you turn to enter the switchbacks and I've always been curious about how it used to be.