Six Flags Names Famous Famiglia Official In-park Pizza Partner

SIX FLAGS NAMES FAMOUS FAMIGLIA OFFICIAL IN-PARK PIZZA PARTNER

ALLIANCE TO INCLUDE MULTI-PLATFORM MARKETING PROGRAM

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, March 2, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world's largest regional theme park company, today announced an exclusive three-year partnership naming New York-based pizza chain, Famous Famiglia, "The Official Pizza of Six Flags." The multi-faceted deal will span all of Six Flags' US-based theme parks, encompassing over 45 food locations and a strong in-park marketing platform slated to begin March 2011. Famous Famiglia is the leader in venue and stadium fresh-serve pizzerias with over 130 locations worldwide.

To launch the new offering, Six Flags has created a unique marketing program promoting Famous Famiglia through a variety of in-park Six Flags Media Networks channels including commercials on Six Flags Television and use of the parks' digital out-of-home assets. In addition, select parks will introduce a number of co-branded events including Famous Famiglia dough tossing and pizza eating contests. As part of Six Flags' new online retail promotion, guests will be able to pre-order Famous Famiglia meals prior to visiting the parks.

"We are continually evolving our partnerships to provide our guests with the highest quality of brands while using our innovative in-park media networks to support our partners' marketing objectives," said David McKillips, senior vice president of corporate alliances for Six Flags.

"We are very excited about the introduction of the Famous Famiglia brand into the Six Flags markets," said Paul Kolaj, company co-founder, President & CEO of Famous Famiglia. "Six Flags is a globally recognized and respected leader in the regional theme park industry, and we are honored to have been selected as their pizza partner."

Yet another obnoxiuos marketing blitz. Exactly what the parks do not need. There goes the chance to get rid of outside marketing overload and offer something unique and atmosphere-enhancing. Why can they not learn from their mistakes instead of constantly repeating them. <_<

Has anyone ever heard of this brand? I never did.......

I only seen a couple of them, two in Hershey Park, one at the Allentown Service Plaza on the PA Turnpike, and one at the Philly airport. I've only ate their pizza once, Pizza Hut and CPK are better.

Edited by The Master

I think this is good because this means less branding in the park. This company, unlike Papa John's, doesn't have to have their name all over everything. These restaurants are getting names that fit the theme of their respective sections, which I think is good, albeit they are a bit general.

I agree it's nice to see some branding removed form the park. I don;t think I have ever had their pizza, so I don't know what to expect. I have seen in Trip reports form other parks that the pricing is the same which is a disappointment.