Cheetah Hunt- Busch Gardens Tampa New Coaster for 2011

Looks great, next time I am in Florida I hope to get back to Busch Gardens to try the new coaster and ride all the other coasters. I was only there once in 1996 and didn't ride any coasters since at the time every coaster they had went upside down and I was just starting to ride coasters like Rolling Thunder, Runaway Mine Train, Comet etc. and there was no way I was trying a coaster with inversions back then.

Edited by Yoshi

I can't wait for this coaster to open. It looks great. I took a lot of pictures, but when I click the "insert image" icon above, nothing happens. The coaster runs practically the length of the park. It runs around and over trees, through rocks, over hills, and down into ravines. THAT's how you build a coaster, and it's themed and named to match it's surroundings, and painted colors that compliment each other and everything around it.

I took a lot of pictures, but when I click the "insert image" icon above, nothing happens.

When you click on the Insert Image icon, a dialogue box pops up prompting you to enter the URL from where the image resides. The image has to be somewhere on the web (or placed in our galleries and referenced)- it can't be just taken from your pc or hard drive.

If you don't see the dialogue box, you may want to check your pop-up blocker and disable it for this site.

They were running the ride all day today with test dummies. They sent it at different speeds. There are 3 launches. The first one is out of the station and just slightly uphill and around a turn. Then it goes down into a ditch where it is launched uphill into a pretzel-like turn up in the air, then downhill over the Seringhetti Plain through several inversions, where somewhere there is another launch I haven't seen which sends it back. Most of the ride is close to the ground, or in trenches, except for the pretzel-turn up in the air. There are supposed to be cheetahs running beside it. They've done a great job with the station, which used to be the monorail station. It is also the skyride station. It was very 70s and needed help. Now it looks like like some archeological expedition. The skyride has been closed while they've built the coaster. They are both scheduled to open in a couple of weeks.