• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Yankees99

Your first ride at GA?

My first ride ever at GA was the Giant Wheel... And, it may be a little strange, but to this day I always make it the first ride that I go on whenever I go to the park.

I'm not sure, it was probably a kiddie ride in Looney Tunes Land (since it was likely around 1986 or 1987)

Mine was the Skyride in 1974. Then went on the Giant Wheel. (Only two rides you could see in those days from the parking lot). If I ever get back there to GA, I suspect those are the first two rides I'd go on. In fact, I'd prioritize hitting all of rides that remain from the last time I was there in 1983.

In fact, I'd prioritize hitting all of rides that remain from the last time I was there in 1983.

There are only 10 left from 1983... but some classics!

Let's see: Skyride, Giant Wheel, Runaway Train, Log Flume, Buccaneer, Parachuter's Perch, Carousel, Roundup, Rolling Thunder and Roaring Rapids. Yes you are right. Loved each and every one of those rides. And of those 10, six of them are originals. Wow!!!!

Mine was in 1974 during the first weekend or week (not sure, will try to find out) it was open. I have no clue what ride I went on (I was 4) but I will see if my Mom or Dad remembers. I know when we went that first time the Park gave out free ticket's to come back again because everything was not open yet. We went back about a month later for my second visit to the park.

My first ride ever at GA was Flying Wave. I was upset when it was removed. Then I rode Big Fury, then Traffic Jam. Thats all I remember.

Log Flume in 1993 or 1996 I think, when I waiting the line..Bugs Bunny cartoon was playing on TVs when I was waiting for line.

Did everyone waiting on the line for rides to watch TVs in 1990s?

May 2008 I was at Great Adventure for Physics Day...my first ever roller coaster (I had been scared of them until then) was the Great American Scream Machine...been hooked ever since then

Guest Moonracker7

The memory of my first ride at GA, fender benders as something to laugh at... because all the older scouts in my troop started it. I went on Big Wheel 2 times and the only roller coaster I rode was el torro; I hate #inversions. The 2 scouts who where in my patrol at the time rode RR. this all took place about a year ago and this mystery trip was 500% better than the one before that was to go about 7hrs. to central VA. I want to go back and cover the launch of ZDOD in may/June.