• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

GAcoaster

ADVENTURE ALLEY - New for 2012!

Press release from Six Flags Great Adventure:

SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE ANNOUNCES

NEW ATTRACTIONS FOR 2012

Theme Park Takes Classic Thrills to New Heights

with SkyScreamer and More

Jackson, NJ – September 1, 2011 - Six Flags Great Adventure, America's largest regional theme park, today unveiled plans to add both extreme and family thrills to its current lineup for 2012. SkyScreamer, an extreme swing ride, will transform the Fantasy Forest skyline while three additional family rides are introduced to the whimsically-themed section below – bumper cars, scrambler and flying elephants.

Theme park guests will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer. The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer will take swing rides to the next level and join the park's already breathtaking lineup of thrills as it whisks guests up, up and away high over the park, feet dangling and hair blowing. Towering 15 stories above the ground, SkyScreamer will reside next to the classic Big Wheel. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph high above the park below.

For those wishing to keep their feet closer to the ground, the park is introducing two new, yet classic, family attractions – bumper cars and a music-themed scrambler. Guests will also be greeted with the return of the popular flying elephants ride, which formerly made its home in The Golden Kingdom section of the theme park.

"Although we are best known for our record-breaking thrills, families have told us they would like more attractions they can enjoy together. So this season we are introducing four rides sure to deliver fun for all ages," said park president John Fitzgerald.

At Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, it's go big, go extreme – with the addition of exciting, new drop boxes guaranteed to ramp up the thrill factor at the slide tower known as "The Falls." Guests will climb into a clear, fully-enclosed launch capsule and begin the nerve-wracking countdown to the moment when the floor literally disappears beneath them and sends them into a freefall at speeds of up to 32 mph.

"Drop boxes are an innovative, exciting addition to our already thrilling speed slides," Fitzgerald added. "They are not for the faint of heart. The sheer anticipation of waiting for the floor to drop will have our guests' adrenaline pumping."

The best way to enjoy the thrills of the 2012 season is with a season pass. 2012 season passes are currently on sale and a great family value at $59.99 per person, which includes the theme park and free admission to the Wild Safari; and for just $10 more provides admission to Hurricane Harbor water park. All season passes include free tickets for friends and unlimited access to this season's Fright Fest Halloween celebration in October. Guests who process their passes by October 30, 2011 receive one free parking pass with every four season passes purchased-a $50 value. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

About Six Flags

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with 2010 revenue of nearly $1.0 billion and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Six Flags Over Texas, the company's flagship location, is celebrating its 50th anniversary season in 2011.

So, it sounds like Sky Screamer will occupy Evolution's old spot.

I'm not sure but I think the bumper cars, "music themed Scrambler" and the elephants will be in Fantasy Forest with Old Country remaining closed. There are empty ride pads that need to be filled in the park first.

The addition of the drop boxes to the Falls slides should be interesting.

That's a bit disappointing. Everyone thought our StarFlyer was going to be 300+ feet tall. It's disappointing, for frankly, we got half.

At least we got some new rides. The Sky Screamer sounds cool. I am glad to see the Royal Elephants are coming back. Is the musical scrambler the old Music Express, but worded different? Also, they said new bumper cars, will the cars be new with the same building, or will the building be new too?

The SkyScreamer IS a bit disappointing. I'm sure it will be cool anyway, but 150 feet? Even the one going to Fiesta Texas is taller. I think it was because they didn't want to dwarf the Ferris Wheel.

That was the one thing I was worried abou, I did not want it to make the Big Wheel look small. Although Evolutions spot was a great choice, there was other places like the Super Teepee. Since they are redoing Fantasty Forsest I guess they wanted it there. Chiller was taller and it did not affect Big Wheel's view too much.

In the Announcement Video he did say something on the lines of "re-opening a closed section", Not sure of the exact wording. I would like to see the "Sky Screamer' in the "Flying Waves" old spot, would be a nostalgic upgrade.

Just re-watched it. He said they will be part of a "Newly Expanded Area". Maybe what was the "Old Country" will be part of "Fantasy Forest" now.

Edited by Railer

Very good additions, something for thrill seekers and families. It really seems like family rides have been ignored by the park for the most part over the last 10 years and bumper cars were really needed after the ones in Old Country were SBNO.

I'm hoping that SF follows Eli Bridge's guidelines and if the ride has seatbelts, allows single riders.

Edited by Yoshi

Here are some exciting details on our New Fantasy Forest!

* The SkyScreamer will be located on the Flying Wave pad.

* The Scrambler will be located on the old Chaos pad.

* The Elephants will be located on the old Pirate's Flight pad.

* The Bumper Cars will be located on the site of Evolution.

Only the Skyscreamer name has been locked down at this time. New names for the other rides have not been announced yet.

The Bumper Cars is an entirely new ride. I don't know the origin of the Scrambler (possibly from SFOG).

And, as of now, the Old Country and Musik Express will remain as-is and not be a part of the 2012 attractions.

I am SO happy about all these great additions to Fantasy Forest!!!

Glad we got the confirmation. It makes more sense to add to the area that needs it than to re-open Old Country and have it a ghost town with two rides.

I'm really looking foward to this addition! So happy to see that the park is finally filling in all these open ride pads. Any clue as to what the situation will be for Turbo Bungy? Maybe Spinmiesters old spot? Or movietown?

I'm so happy Great Adventure is adding flat rides. Finally! The only thing that really had me confused was the fact that the press release said "music-themed scrambler" Do scramblers traditionally have music? I had hope for Music Express especially after the survey they sent out a few months ago :( But I'll take what I can get. I really really really want old county back though, I hate dead ends. :(

I think the Flying Wave pad is a really bad location for a tall tower like that. I would much rather see another Flying Wave placed there. Flying Wave is also more fun. There is nothing "thrilling" about SkyScreamer. Since it doesn't tilt like Flying Wave, it is just a boring swing that goes around in a circle, and that big metal tower sticking up out of that spot is going to be ugly as sin.

I think the Flying Wave pad is a really bad location for a tall tower like that. I would much rather see another Flying Wave placed there. Flying Wave is also more fun. There is nothing "thrilling" about SkyScreamer. Since it doesn't tilt like Flying Wave, it is just a boring swing that goes around in a circle, and that big metal tower sticking up out of that spot is going to be ugly as sin.

Can't pleas em' all

Edited by Mike13

It refers to the theming, not actual music...

Well that's an even more pleasing thought! They are actually going to continue theming the park :) I really hope we get lots of makeovers in theming like in other parks for the Batman/DC area. Six flags NE has a nicely themed DC area. My kids especially loved the hall of justice to take pics with the super heroes. I have high hopes lets cross our fingers :)

Speaking of Six Flags NE. Their hurricane harbor is awesome. I wish we would add pools like they have to our park. It gives you a place to go and actually swim around besides the wave pool and the river. We definately have the space. Lets hope they make good money next year and can expand with things like that. They have at least two pools with 3-4 foot deep water you can just swim around in. Would also be nice to see them implement the small/kid tubes like they have in the other parks too. Then kids could actually sit in the tube on the river instead of hanging on to the adult tube like a life ring LOL :)

I figured that the sky screamer was going into the flying wave spot, evolutions old pad was way to close to the sky rides cables for it to be save, having rides on that end of the park is a great thing, alothough that does mean more traffic to nitro btr and tdk, bit im very happy that Jhon F. listened to the parks guests and not just said ah its old, remove it, like prior managment did.

I'm sorry but what you just said is ridiculous.

You can't please them all.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but voicing them must be done without being nasty...

The only thing that could make all these Fantasy Forest upgrades better would be if all the new rides had lighting packages that really brought back the magic of this area at night.

1976%20DT-33356-D%20copy.jpg

I couldn't agree more. The last thing the park needs is another tall scaffolding sticking up out of the park. The tower is not even a pole, like the Parachutes, it's a cheap-looking group of metal poles. It's also way too close to the Big Wheel and it IS very boring, just turning around with no tilting or anything that makes it "thrilling" other than the fact that it takes place up in the air. It's a cheap-looking, ugly carnival ride.

A couple new flat rides for six flags great adventure!?! Hey I'm happy bout that! I have to say that new Freefalk Doom ride at six flags magic mountain looks cool.

I wonder where they are gonna put the queue line for SkyScreamer. I would imagine being new it's gonna be packed with people. I would have really thought they would put it in old country maybe in Freefalls old spot. This way they could drive people into that back corner of the park which is dead ended/dead right now.

Edit: Correction what i would really like in freefalls old spot is a really tall modern drop tower.