ADVENTURE ALLEY - New for 2012!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrambler at SFNE is all taken apart... Maybe its coming here... Hopefully not!

Wow I just rode that thing up there a few weeks ago, it was super popular/always had a line(I went for a few days). Would be a shame for that park to lose it's scrambler. But hey i guess we have to get a scrambler from somewhere. Albeit I would have liked it to be our old one. Do they still make scramblers? Or are all just older reused models?

And I hope they continue to add flats next year, and maybe make a finer distinction between Fantasy Forest and Lakefront.

I know exactly where Fantasty Forest and Lakefront seperates, as well as most of the people on this site. Probably 90% of the general public think Fantasty Forest and Lakefront are one big un-themed section. Having a section devider will help a lot.

Edited by Chiller

I don't want to seem ungrateful for past rides, but one of the best parts of next year's additions is that none of these will be named or themed after super heroes! I hope the entire section gets a makeover with a nostalgic feel. That would include relocating the super hero meet and greet tent by the Big Wheel.

I know exactly where Fantasty Forest and Lakefront seperates, as well as most of the people on this site. Probably 90% of the general public think Fantasty Forest and Lakefront are one big un-themed section. Having a section devider will help a lot.

Who cares if they are separate themes or one big theme it's an area with lots of trees and lots of shade unlike the rest of the park.

as for it being separate themed ares. I though the lakefront was just that the lack area and the patch of trees leading to it after the entrance and cafe.

That whole side of the Park, just got a whole lot better. It will have the "classic" Amusement park feel to it now. With a "Round-Up", "Bucanneer", "Scrambler", "Bumper Car's", "Giant Ferris Wheel", "Flying Elephant's", and the newest Swing Ride around. All sort of "anchored" by "Grannie's". All of them with some nice LED's to light it all up at night, it will be "magical" again. I didn't even get passes this year, because with my two daughter's at different height's, there are only a few rides we can all go on together. Only time I went to the Park at all, was the "Media Day" for the Lantern. But I am now very excited for next season with them at the Park, and will be getting Passes for 2012 in a couple week's. And I can never miss a "Fright Fest" either, especially this year's. From a "Family's" point of view, this is what the Park has needed for some time.

I don't want to seem ungrateful for past rides, but one of the best parts of next year's additions is that none of these will be named or themed after super heroes!

Until I see it with my own eyes, I'm preparing for the worst: a "Joker's Jukebox" scrambler and a bumper-car building full of Gotham City taxi cabs... ;)

The thing I'm most worried about the 4 Rides Is...

STAFFING

Hasn't staffing been a BIG problem in the past which is why they've removed alot of rides. I wonder if rides/food/shopping/shows will be removed so they can staff these rides. Or maybe with the Recession, they have more people.

I know some of us on this site are tires of the superhero rides. Most other Six Flags parks have flat rides and roller coasters that are themed on super heroes, we only have roller coasters. I dont care how they theme the other new rides, but I hope they theme it somehow.

Hey, if they can put Bizarro in the old west, I don't trust them with ANYTHING.

god I know, I still can't believe that SFNE is doing that. I agree though that SFGAdv need to avoid Superhero names with these rides.

I was at the park this weekend, and I can say based on the map posted those rides are gonna be awesome in that location. I didn't realize where the trampolines are there is still ride queue bars. Worst than that is my kids always ride bucaneer and I never realized the ride circle where the elephants will be was always there! Gated and everything, I'm totally oblivious while chasing after my running kids I guess LOL. I'm guessing the spot for the scrambler is going to be what is now the smoking area?

These areas will be under Funstruction for your future enjoyment!

Future site of Skyscreamer (Flying Wave's pad)

gallery_2_579_627410.jpg

Future site of the Scambler (Chaos' pad)

gallery_2_579_73340.jpg

Future site of the Elephants (Pirates Flight's pad)

gallery_2_579_1008250.jpg

Future site of the Bumper Cars (Evolution's pad)

gallery_2_579_679485.jpg