• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
Sign in to follow this  
Will

What do you think the park would be like if Warner LeRoy still owned it?

Will    1

It seemed like when Warner LeRoy owned Great Adventure most of the rides were for carnivals, but it was well themed. It wasn't untill Six Flags bought the park that more permanent, thrilling rides came to the park. Also, Six Flags made the themeing became more generic. So, what do you think would've happened if Six Flga never bought Great Adventure, would it be filled with carnival-type rides today but with more themes?

I think he would have kept the park fresh by continuing to lease rides and bring new equipment in for just a year or two. I think he would have done a lot of shopping at Oktoberfest in Germany and we would have seen some wild contraptions that may not have been long term but continually updated.

RobertDavid    1

I think it would still be an enchanted forrest. He probably would have added all the thrill rides and coasters, but would have done it using the forrest to make them more exciting instead of demolishing the forrest.

I think that carnival mentality would still be at Great Adventure. None of the thrill rides now, would have never existed if Warner still owned Great Adventure. Most of the rides today would be more like Runaway Train (more family rides). I also believe the original plan for the park would be attempted, and the park would have eventually reached "Disney World status" with the different areas of the park expanding.

gafreak    4

id say all the land that great adventure owns, thats about 6x the size of the current parks would be utilized, wed have disney type status for sure...

Sign in to follow this