gafreak

2012 Season Pass Meal Deal

I just took a survey for the park. Seems that they are heavily considering a season pass for meals in the park. Some ideas included one location, picnic grounds or several resteraunts. The pricing ranged from 39.99- 79.99. Some included food at any time - others for 1 per visit, and diffrent times from open to close, open till 2 and 11 to 5. If it goes through I think it will be a top seller!

I have to wonder how practical it would be...like how limited the hours would be. I think of the old SP entrance and how it was rarely open when I went to the park (at times when crowds were light), and I'd have to wonder if the same kind of thing would happen with this. I'd rather have the Season Pass get a discount on food in the park which would encourage people to eat in the park rather than go down the road.

i told them that i only eat in the park about 10 times a season, i personally voted for the open to close options no matter what the location was. some also included drinks anytime and anywhere, while others were a refill cup and you still payed the 99 cents for refill. if it did come down to 40$ for open to close food, even if they chose one meal per day id still by it for my son and i as he really likes to eat in the park, and for 40$ a person it would pay for itself in about 3 visits, and since we go almost 1 day out of every weekend it makes sence for me to buy it.i have a good felling but i think if they offer it its going to be in the 50-75 $ range even though alot of the options were 39.99...

I like the idea for Six Flags. Off topic, I think the recent "free" meal plans have killed everything that made so many of the Disney World restaurants special.

They have suggested on the survey to have it in the picnic grove areas. I think that'll work fine. Cedar Fair does that all the time.

I don't know how many of you have done it but Worlds of Fun offers it for 10 dollars and includes drinks. It's smarter cause Admission+Meal is cheaper than just admission alone.

I think Season Passholders should get 4-free-all-you-can-eat meal passes. Great incentive for season pass purchases.

I think what would make more sense is to have a restaurant setup as an all you can eat buffet full time (like Granny's) and have that the location for the SP meals as well as just selling all you can eat. That would mean SP meal holders could bring guests without the SP and just pay for them and they could use it to feed regular guests on slower days.

I work in the food branch at Six Flags and I think the season pass for the park should be used instead of another season pass the guests have to buy. People always ask me if they could use the season pass for discounts. SF Should seriously consider the regular season pass to include food discounts!

I just completed another survey about this and it seems like they are seriously thinking about implementing this. This is what the email said:

Thank you for your continuing participation on the Six Flags Advisory Panel! We are conducting a new survey to help us finalize plans on a new in-park program we're launching that we think you might find interesting. The survey is extremely short, and your feedback will determine whether or not this is a program we launch in the parks this spring.

I am guessing that this wont be happening this year, because some of the parks are already opening and we have not heard anything about it yet. The only other option is that they will wait to start it at all the parks at the same time so everyone has the same amount of time to use it.

Edited by Chiller

I would definitely buy it! I love the coupons us season pass holders get, but I would like more. I think they would lose money if you pay a 1 time payment and get a "free" meal evrytime you come. I think maybe a regular discount with season pass. This way, we get the food cheaper and they still make money. If the food pass is $75 for 1 meal a day per person, I know I would go beyond that limit real quick. The meal plan I had at Disney world, it was all kept on your keycard/pass. They would scan it for snacks, beverages and meals. All I eat at great. Adventure is the chicken fingers from best of the west and I get a nerds rope. If there was a meal plan or discount, I would probably try more food.