Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Crazy Cars

During my days of coverage at Looney Tunes Land in the 80's this ride had the most simple operator's panel. It was a light switch! On for operating and off for stopped.

Most little kids didn't have the skills to drive the cars. They either had difficulties reaching the pedal or could not get the hand of steering. Many kids were often found just going in circles until they were hit by the one kid who knew what he was doing.

And even though the cars were small, they still weighed quite a few pounds. It was never fun having your foot trampled by a kiddie bumper!

I remember the line taking forever because capacity wasn't so great. I was also surprised to only see 3 cars operating in the video, I guess the line would even be worse then. It's a shame that a lot of parks got rid of their kiddie bumper cars, they were really fun rides for a younger kid.

Edited by Yoshi

Rode this many times back when I was a little kid. Those were the days.

Below is a great picture of the children's bumper cars from around 1981 when the area was still known as Kiddie Kingdom. Thanks to Ted for sharing this picture!

gallery_2_579_356114.jpg