29yrswithaGApass

King Cobra Racing Tube Slide

King Cobra will be opening on Wednesday July 11th!

UPDATE: Due to the ride's inspection and certification process taking longer than anticipated the opening of King Cobra has been delayed. Date to be announced soon. :(

1342724039[/url]' post='44109']

King Cobra will open on Tuesday July 24th!

Will it be open to the public, or just season pass holders?

king cobra opened today!! Even though in was miserable it was still open and was fun!!!

I thought it wasn't opening until the 24th? Is it officially open now, or was it just a preview for one day?

I thought it wasn't opening until the 24th? Is it officially open now, or was it just a preview for one day?

it is officially open :Z1:

How was the ride experience? Also, any way to confirm, cause the park's site says Tuesday. I'm headed to WWK Monday but if this is open I may choose SFHH instead.

I'm going to hurricane harbor tomorrow with my friends, some of which don't have season passes.... Is it open to the public?

acording to twitter today was grand opnening

Click the logo below to view the full trip report:

TripReportHeader.png

Below are some samples. Feel free to comment and discuss!

2012_07_24_IMG_3604%20copy.jpg

The Media Day was postponed because the day it opened it was miserable and raining. So it was opened the week before but there was just no media day ceremony

Yes, there is a 200 lb maximum and only single tubes are being used - no doubles. Therefore each rider needs to be 200 lbs or less.

Initially, they were going to have double tubes which would have allowed two riders at 200 lb each but if I had to guess the extra weight pushed guests too high into the King Cobra's mouth. This may have been the delay in opening.

There is a scale at the entrance gate for those who look like they are pushing the weight limit.

Here are the before and after signs - prior to and post opening:

2012_07_12_IMG_2374%20copy.jpg

2012_07_24_IMG_3577%20copy.jpg

this was a stupid ride to install, drop boxes would have allowed everyone to ride, this is basically a kids slide now as most older people are over 200lbs

Sounds like a ride not worth operating to me. I can't see who thought a low capacity slide, with such a small weight limit was a good idea. If Six Flags was over-promised, they should sue the manufacturer.

Lot of backlash on the park's facebook page about King Cobra. The anger seems to be over 3 issues:

1) The 200lb weight limit

2) Low capacity thanks to single tubes and Flash Pass slowing down the line considerably

3) The ride itself isn't that thrilling, and the current in the first portion is so weak that tubes repeatedly get stuck.

It's too bad, since it looked so promising. I imagine it's the manufacturer's fault and not the park's, but I'm not sure how these issues could be overlooked in planning/engineering.