• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

1979 Yearbook - Season #6

Nice guys! I like the 79 season because thats when things like rides rollercoasters started to go up, like loops, year before and then Thunder. I was not expecting the yearbooks to be released this close together!

I think of this season as the beginning of a golden age for the park that lasted until May of 1984. The park kept adding new things that were bigger and better and really hit its stride at that time. While it lost some of the original "magic", the thrills added at this time went a long way for most park guests.

As much as I love our coaster collection, I wish I was able to experience the atmosphere of the 70'S and 80's of great adventure, a bunch of entertainment and flat rides, trees everywhere...it was a whole different park back then.

Went to GA twice in 1979. Seem to recall being there for all 14 hours (10 a.m. to midnight) each visit and not coming close to getting everything done. You had Rolling Thunder in its first year and Lightning Loops in its second year. I remember getting a light blue "Rolling Thunder T-shirt" near the front gate as a souvenir before heading home. For those of us here who went to the park during the first seven or eight years, we can truly appreciate GA all these years later. Sort of like treasuring Coney Island if you went there in the 40s/50s. Can't wait for the 1980 photos. That was another great year for GA.

I love the yearbook upgrade! Was an employee from 85-88. Love Great Adventure!

Thanks! It should be really impressive when we have all the years completed!

Just added... Click the image below to view a rare copy of the 1979 Group Sales Brochure:

Untitled-2%20copy.jpg

^ It is kind of strange that the yearbook contains a table of contents but then forgot to number the pages!

I have this one and noticed that too, it threw me off haha, i also have the 1980 one and they diddn't forget in that one!

Does anyone else notice that the cast is still wearing the original GA costumes? ANd the females aew are all wearing Skorts?

Just added to our Galleries is an album of photos taken during an early morning doughnut social with Larry Cochran. Below are some samples and you can view all of the photos HERE.

gallery_2_1091_591802.jpg

gallery_2_1091_259297.jpg

gallery_2_1091_395013.jpg

Sign in to follow this