• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

GAcoaster

Introduce Yourself!

Hi I'm Joe.

I'm 14 years old, and I moved to the area in 2008. I've been going to the park since 2010 and had a pass since 2011. I live about 20 minutes away from the park ,and it's been a huge part of my growing up. I remember it being a huge rite of passage for me and my friends to reach 54 inches, and making a huge deal out of going on Kingda Ka the first time. Everyone got the same shirts the first time we went on, and it was a really memorable experience for all of us. I just recently became an active member of the site, and I really enjoy all the interesting discussions and different points of view.

Hi. My name Anthony. And, to make things clear, I am not Lex Luther. So when this site ends, don't come blaming me. And, I'm also not Mr. Six, so don't- wait a minute, I am Mr. Six! But, I have been in New Jersey my whole life and I have been a season pass holder since I was 4 years old. Now I'm 18 trying to get a summer job at GA :)

Edited by Mr.Six

My name is Ryan I go to the park whenever I get the chance my favorite rides are El Toro Kingda Ka Nitro Bizzaro I've ridden Toro as of today 211 times this season. I'm trying to find a this eats all records Kingda Ka shirt size XL

I'm Colin and my intrests are Roller Coasters and Physics. (I perfer not to mention my age) My favorite roller coaster manufacturing companies are RMC, B&M, and Intiman. My home park is Great Adventure and my favorite rides are El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka, and Bizarro.

Hey guys. I'm Ricky. I've worked in the rides department at Great Adventure since 2013. I've worked the Lakefront, been one of the supervisors of the Skyway and I now currently work in the Rides Information Center. I was also a ghoul this past Fright Fest.

Hi Y'all.  I was a supervisor at World of Animals in Mesquite prior to the sale to Hardwicke and then the move of animals to Great Adventure.  I was part of the grand roundup of rhinos, lions, giraffes, baboons and other wonderful creatures that I got to work with at WOA.  I see Gary is here from the old crew.  Anyone else?  After I left WOA in 1973, I went on to work my way up to Curator at the Houston Zoo.  Since 1989, I have worked in biomedical research at the University of Texas.   This is "Raffie".  He was bottle raised in our Safari Village. "Clyde" the lion went on to work with Jewel New at Ringling Bros. as part of an all male lion act.  I got to see him in the late 70's when RB came to Houston.  Clyde was still the same laid back guy as when I knew him.

JD and Raffe.jpg

JD and Clyde.jpg

Edited by JCD
  • Like 1

Hi JCD and welcome to our site!  The Safari is such a unique gem of Great Adventure and I love hearing about that park's earliest days.  We would welcome any stories (and pictures) that you are able to share. We have dedicated an entire section of our forums and have a Safari home page too which we hope you enjoy!