• Announcements

• 29yrswithaGApass

Important Log-In Info for Existing Members   09/11/2017

Recently our Forums and Galleries were updated.  If you are an existing member please be sure to use your DISPLAY NAME to log in.  Your DISPLAY NAME is the name that other members and guests see on the forums.  The prior version had both LOG-IN NAME and DISPLAY NAME.  LOG-IN NAME is no longer used on the new version of the forums.  Your password hasn't changed.
    • 29yrswithaGApass

RECENT SITE UPDATES   11/03/2017

Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Visitng GA 1974 Today

The 1974 Tour and the Home Movie give a pretty good idea of what Great Adventure was like when it first opened.

I am curious... Suppose Great Adventure today was of the same size and scale, and featured the same ride, show, and attraction mix first offered in 1974. Do you think you would enjoy the park? Why or why not? Would you enjoy it more or less than today's park?

I think I would enjoy it basically as much as I would today. While there woudln't be the same extreme rides found in the park today, I think the show selections with the Dolphin Arena and the Northern Arena would have been quite entertaining. Some of my favorites such as the Big Wheel and log flume were there in the opening season so that would have been nice. One thing I would love to be able to partake in was the Balloon ride the park had at that point so that would be nice for sure.

I feel like the 1974 version of the park had its own quaintness which you don't really see today in the age of corporate park chains and major attractions. The only change there might be with me would be that with the park being smaller than today I would probably run out of things to do over and over again so I might visit more sporadically than I do today.

Anyone would really enjoy the park, it's just a matter of excitement like JetsDevs said. It would be a very enjoyable day to have, but the thrill and excitement factor that brings in most guests just wouldn't be there. I would certainly enjoy it very much, but not quite as much as the park today.

Sign in to follow this