Sign in to follow this  
29yrswithaGApass

Photo Trip Report: May 17th, 2013

I can't believe how many buses there are in the lot compared to last Friday. That picture of the crowd waiting to get in was not what I was expecting to see. I had been planning on going today but wasn't able to get there and after seeing those pictures, I don't feel so bad about not going to the park since it looks like lines would have bene horrible.

So theyve changed the location of the queue since the "plans" were posted, im just having a hard time picturing how it is going to be now. It seems to be that the queue is now inside log flumes area but how will it go without going across the roadways for the trucks?

Edited by jdc12192

From what I have seen, the entrance to the ride will be here:

2013_05_17_IMG_2086%20copy.jpg

The queue line will be on the former site of the Shooting Gallery:

2013_05_17_IMG_2118%20copy.jpg

The line will cross back under the flume lift where the old bridge was located:

2013_05_17_IMG_2092%20copy.jpg

And continue up into the station:

2013_05_17_IMG_2090%20copy.jpg

Once the ride is over, guests will exit out of the station, down this ramp, and exit back around the rear of Best of the West.

2013_05_17_IMG_2097%20copy.jpg

At least that was the plan last week!

The quality of the safari themeing is reminding me of The Golden Kingdom! I'm so happy to see they are building the retail store after all too. Park looks great!

I like the queue being where the shoot out building is a lot better. The original plan looked very tight especially if there was a concert.

Harry, do you know if the BOTW patio is still being built? I haven't seen anything about it in my trips to the park.

The patio plan has been abandoned. The area will now be used for SORA's queue line instead.

I like the queue being where the shoot out building is a lot better. The original plan looked very tight especially if there was a concert.

Thats why i was all confused when i saw the trip report. It seems as everything was just mirrored and i guess people will enter and exit on the same side of the station. It looks like front of station for loading a truck and back for unloading a truck.

Edited by jdc12192

Originally the queue was supposed to go between station and the Arena, and patio where the current queue is going now if I'm not mistaken. The way they have it now looks like it will hold crowds much better. ESPECIALLY if crowds were heavy this way the line can overflow behind best of west and wrap around log flume entrance (not that I ever hope the line gets that nuts).

media day has been postponed, so i wonder if this affects opening to the public and season pass holder only times?

I guess once SORA is open we need to change our home page slogan to "Celebrating the history of the world's largest theme park"!